Book Talk Review; More Than This

 More Than This by Jay McLean... I cried, I laughed, I felt every heartbreak and every shot at a new start


  *Mikayla*
  In one night my fairytale ended. Or it may have begun. This is my story of friendship and love, heartbreak  and desire, and the strength to show weakness.

  *Jake*
  One night I met a girl. A sad and broken girl, but one more beautiful than any other. She laughed through her sadness, while I loved through her heartbreak.

 *This is our story of a maybe ever after.*

 He was right. It made no difference whether it was 6 months or 6 years.
 I couldn’t undo what had been done. I couldn’t change the future.
 I couldn’t even predict it.
 It was one night.
 One night when everything changed.
 It was so much more than just the betrayal.
 It was the Tragedy.
 The Deaths.
 The Murders.
 But it was also that feeling.
 The feeling of falling.

 This book doesn't start off easy for the characters and It doesn't end easy for them either. It does end on a happy note but the events leading up to it make my heart ache.

 This book has its fair share of humor as well, it makes you laugh before it makes you cry and then it makes you cry before it makes you laugh.

 Mikayla has a rough night... Prom night goes out with a bang and not the good kind. She is betrayed by th two people closest to her and she is stripped from everyone that she loves all in the one night that should have been the happiest of her life. But it is not all bad she meets Jake and his friends that same night and becomes friends with them.

 Jake meets this broken girl the night of his prom and he is attracted to her... not just because she is beautiful and not just cause he witnessed her heart break but because he sees her heart her goodness and her love. He falls instantly for her. And not in the cheesy way either.

 Kayla and Jake have an easy friendship at first until feelings start to arise and they both begin to want more but Kayla is reluctant to let go.

 Through all this we see how Kayla fits into the mold with Jakes friends quickly. We meet Cam and Lucy, Drew and Heidi, and Logan... I love Logan and will have his book More Than Her up tomorrow for a Book Talk...

 They are all hilarious and good natured people and I love seeing them take in Mikayla as their own.

 Jake...Ahhh Jake is a "Big Deal" in the baseball department and he is sweet and protective and just perfect.

 Mikayla learns that she has strength inside and she really grows as a character as she deals with hardships that an 18 year old girl shouldn't have to deal with. 

 They bring out the best in each other and I fell head over heels in love with them both.

 If you missed my Author talk on Jay McLean go here to find it: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/search/label/Book%20Talk%20Authors

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper