Book Talk Review; Ugly Love

 Ugly Love is Colleen Hoover's eight book. It is also taking the spot as my favorite book by Colleen.


 
 When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. 
 Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. 
 Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

 Never ask about the past.
 Don’t expect a future.

 They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

 Hearts get infiltrated.
 Promises get broken.
 Rules get shattered.
 Love gets ugly.
 Also, If y'all remember Colleen teamed up with the amazing Griffin Peterson to compose a original soundtrack to go along with her last release (Book #7) Maybe Someday. Well Since Griffin is amazing he wrote and recorded a song for Ugly Love as well!! 
 Ugly Love the song!  http://www.maybesomedaysoundtrack.com/ugly-love.php It is amazing! 

 I don't know if I should hate or love this book. 

 I think I love to hate it and hate to love it. 

 It is so emotional. It is so powerful. It is so painful. It is ugly. It is real. It is love. It is Life. It just is.

 When Tate and Miles meet it is clear right away that they clash. His personality is so closed off and distant. And at times he can be a real asshole. She is stubborn and passionate and does not like the bullshit he throws at her every chance he gets. But she can't help but be curious because he is so closed off. 

 Tate realizes quickly that she is attracted to him. Miles is too. But he denies it longer than she does. 

 When they admit to the thing between them they decide that they want each other. They decide to have sex. They decide to be fuck buddies. 

 Most people would say they are friends with benefits, but it says in the Blurb that they don't consider themselves friends. And they say it to each other in the book that they aren't friends. They say it when they decide to start this "Relationship" 

 So I say they're Fuck Buddies. That's the simplest way to put it. And Miles and Tate are anything but simple.

 Miles gives Tate two rules. 
 Never ask about the past. And don't expect a future. 
 Neither one of them can handle the rules. Tate allows herself to fall for him, even when she knows that things between them could end badly. Will end badly becasue they are going to end. But she still falls anyways. 
 Miles, Miles allows her to fall while he lets himself fall too. Only Miles fights it harder than she does.
 Neither one of them can stop themselves from hurting the other. They both want to have what they claim they don't.
 We get the present from Tate. But we get the past from Miles. 
 And if the present is painful. Then the past is soul-crushing.
 That's the easiest way for me to put it. 
 This is my first Soul-Crushing CoHo book. 
 I've read all of her books and they all have broke my heart in one way or another. But this one just crushed me. 
 It is so emotional, so painful, so powerful. Powerful. That's the best adjective to use when describing this book.
 I knew that this was going to be a tough book to read, But I didn't expect all of the things that happened. 
 I started really crying around 41%. I had tears before that but that's when I really started to cry. But then they dried up. Not becasue I wasn't hurting becasue I was. But becasue I couldn't cry. 
 My heart was hurting so bad for the characters. My emotions were so wound up tight inside of me and they were pressing on me so hard that I couldn't cry. 
 Until I had to. Until the damn came crashing in both my reality and Tate and Miles's reality. Then the tears flowed and they didn't stop. 
 I say that I hate this book and in a sense it's true but also in a sense it isn't. I hate what the characters go through. I hate what I go through while reading this book. 
 But I love this book. Everyone has been saying that this is her best book yet and I think that it is. It really is. 
   It has so much emotion rolled into one. It is Powerful. It is Soul-Crushing. It makes me rethink everything I associate Colleen Hoover with. 

 I can clearly tell that this is a CoHo book when I read it. But that is becasue I have read all of her books and know what her books "Sound" like. But at the same time this is totally different than what we're used to from her. 

 The format that she uses to write Miles is so perfect. It emphasizes the emotions and the power behind those words. 

 I am officially in love with this book. I think it is the best one that I've read this year. It definitely is the most Powerful one. 

  I am officially on Team Miles. I love Holder, Ridge, Daniel and Will. But Miles is something else entirely. #MilesHighClub 

 *Quote- "When you close your eyes and kiss, you protect yourself from the vulnerability." - Tate

               "Love isn't always pretty, Tate. Sometimes you spend all your time hoping it'll eventually be something different. Something better. The, before you know it, you're back to square one, and you lost your heart somewhere along the way." -Cap

                "It's the beautiful moments like these that make up for the ugly love." -Miles
 

 For...


 Book Talks on...









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper