Book Talk Review; Hopeless

 It's time to continue our Feature on Colleen Hoover with Hopeless

 
 Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies.
        
 That's what Sky Davis realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she's never had before.  He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of their first encounter.
        
 Sky struggles to keep him at a distance, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. Unable to deny their intense connection, Sky finally caves to his unwavering pursuit.  However, she soon discovers that Holder's erratic and unpredictable behavior comes with a very good explanation.  One that will ultimately test her faith in the hopeless boy she's fallen in love with.  
 
 Recommended for ages 17+ due to language and sexual situations.
 
 Hopeless is actually the first CoHo book that I read. I remember being on Facebook and one of the blogs I follow in there had a post up promoting Hopeless being on sale for $.99 Who doesn't love $.99 Books? So I got it and fell in love with it.
 
 We meet Sky and her best friend Six in the book, they have this awesome relationship that every girl needs to have with their best friend. Six is an amazing character, for as little as she is in this book I loved her. 
 
 Sky is planning on starting her Senior year of high school without her best friend. Six is going to Italy for a foreign exchange program. Not a big deal, except this is Sky's first year of school, up until now Sky has been home schooled. Now after begging her mom to allow her to attend public school with her best friend, she is going in alone. 

 Sky has a encounter at the grocery store, where she first sees Dean Holder. They have this intense really awkward first encounter and Sky really isn't sure what to make with it. At first she thinks he's flirting with her but he's not really.

 So then she meets him again when she's out running. And then again at school. 

 They have this odd connection and this intensity that I love about them. 

 I love Holder, he is so sweet and so good, he is tormented by his past, by the people he thinks he let down, and he has a hard time forgiving himself for that. He also is afraid of Sky and what will happen for him and her. 

 They share a connection that can't be explained, until the truth comes out. And when the truth comes out life starts to fall. 

 Both of their lives. Built on grief and self-loathing, Holder finally gets one thing that he has always wanted, but then a truth is reveal. 

 Sky learns her life was built on lies and hidden memories, they could destroy everything if given the chance. 

 I Cried so much during this book. I was somewhat prepared for the truth because I had guessed at some of it, but when everything is put out into the open, I see why it was easy to believe the lie. The emotions that are in this book are heartbreaking, the characters are so strong and they go through a lot in such a short time. But the things they experience are also things that they went through years before. And things that will huant them forever, but they will always have each other. 

 *Quote- "Sky, I'm not kissing you tonight but believe me when I tell you, I've never wanted to kiss a girl more. So stop thinking I'm not attracted to you because you have no idea just how much I am."- Holder
 
                "Because I want your first kiss to be the best first kiss in the history of first kisses."- Holder
                 
                "Fuck all the firsts, Sky. The only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers."- Holder
 
                  "And once again in my new world full of heartache and lies, this hopeless boy somehow finds a way to make me smile."- Sky

 Come back tomorrow for my Book Talk on Losing Hope!

 
 
 
             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Viper

Release; Homegrown Hero