Book Talk Review; This Girl

 This Girl, Slammed #3



 
 
 There are two sides to every love story. Now hear Will’s.

 Colleen Hoover’s New York Times bestselling Slammed series has brought countless readers to their knees with a whirlwind of love, passion, and heartache. Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances, and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas, and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

 In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from his point of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.
 
 This Girl is Slammed in Will's POV, but it is more than that. We see them in between story lines, how they live out there first moments as husband and wife.
 
 We see their life in the future and what is happening then.
 
 We see the moments that broke us in Slammed in new light as they brake us all over again. 
 
 We see what we didn't know that was going on side by side with Layken and Slammed, now we see what Will was going through in Slammed. 

 There are Slams in here of course that we get to see. We get to see what was running through Will's head when he first told her about his parents in his slam. We get to see how he responded to Layken's slam in school. We get to see a slam he preformed that we didn't even know about. We get to see our favorite slams from Will's point of view. And how touching they are. 

 Colleen did an amazing job with this book and I loved it. It touched me in ways that the other two didn't we got to see a couple points that happened before Layken.  Points in Will's life that were heartbreaking. 

 We see all the good that's happened in their lives after all that they went through. They deserve their HEA

 I'm going to share a Slam that I love from the Series...

I got schooled this year,
By everyone.
By my little brother...
by The Avett Brothers...
by my mother, my best friend, my teacher, my father,
and
by
a
boy.
A boy that I'm seriously, deeply, madly, incredibly, and
undeniably in love with.
I got so schooled this year.
By a nine-year-old.
He taught me that it's okay to live life
a little backward.
And how to laugh
At what you would think
is unlaughable.
I got schooled this year
By a band
They taught me how to find that feeling of feeling again.
They taught me how to decide what to be
And go be it.
I got schooled this year.
By a cancer patient.
She taught me so much. She's still teaching me so much.
She taught me to question.
To never regret.
She taught me to push my boundaries,
Because that's what they're there for.
She told me to find a balance between head and heart.
And then
she taught me how...
I got schooled this year
By a foster kid.
She taught me to respect the hand I was dealt.
And to be grateful that I was even dealt a hand.
She taught me that family
Doesn't have to be blood.
Sometimes your family
are your friends.
I got schooled this year
 By my teacher
He taught me
That the points are not the point,
The point is poetry...
I got schooled this year
By my father.
He taught me that heroes aren't always invincible
And that the magic
is within me.
I got schooled this year 
by 
boy.
A boy that I'm seriously, deeply, madly, incredibly, and
undeniably in love with.
And he taught me the most important thing of all-
To put the emphasis 
On life.
 
- Layken

 Some Quotes

 *Quote- " There's not a single kiss passed between us, not a single graze of my hand across her skin, not a single word spoken... yet somehow, this is the most intimate moment I've ever shared with anyone.
Ever." -Will Cooper
 "She deserves ti be kissed by someone who loves her. Someone who spends every waking moment trying to do everything right by her. Someone who would rather die than see her hurt. She doesn't deserve to be kissed by anyone other than me." -Will

 Tune in Tuesday for The Book Talk on Hopeless. 

 This was a great way to start off the next week. Having a Book Talk on one of my favorite books by one of my most favorite authors.

 Go Here for...




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper