Book Talk Review; Date Me

 It's Thursday! Which means it's time for a new Book Talk!


I’m not scripting my life anymore. 
I’m living it.
I’m done with the God of all Hotties. 
I’m going to give my heart to the boy who I think deserves it.
The boy whose kisses are hotter than molten lava. 
The boy who offered me the key to his heart.
The boy who asked me to Homecoming in a big, sexy way.
 
There are so many things to look forward to. 
Parties at the Cave. Homecoming festivities. Drama Tryouts. Shopping trips to NY.
But things aren’t always as perfect as they seem.
 
I find out that my best friend has been keeping a secret from me. 
Not that I can blame him. 
I have secrets too. 
But, for now, I’m going to pretend I’m just a normal girl. 
I’m going to pretend he’s not still out there.
I’m going to pretend he’s not getting desperate. 
I’m going to pretend I’ll never see him again. 
But, I will. 
And this time, I might not get away.

 This is one of my favorite books in the series.

 I love them all but when Date Me came out it instantly became on of my most favorite books. 

 At the end of Kiss Me, Dawson asked Keatyn to homecoming in a big awesome way. It was so cool. And so we get to see them prepare for that in this book. 

 We also get to see more of Aiden, because even though Keatyn says she's done with him, we all know that she can never be. 

 Mixed up in the hype of Homecoming, Cave parties, Shopping trips and School, is the truth of why we are here.

 Jillian fills her book up with all kinds of fun things, hot guys, awesome parties, amazing clothes. There is witty dialogue. 

 But we can't forget why Keatyn is at Eastbrooke in the first place. 

 We do see Vincent in this book, and it's scarier than the incident in Kiss Me. 

 I was freaking out. Like completely freaking out during that scene. I was so scared, I could feel the terror and tension, and anxiety coming out of the book. 

 Keatyn finds out that one of her best friends is keeping a secret, and while I am a little shocked, I knew that something like that was coming. 

 And really Keatyn can't fault him because she has secrets as well. 

 Aiden does something for Keatyn in this book. And it's sweet and amazing and perfect. But then Keatyn gets the wrong message. I think it's because she doesn't want to like him that she blinds herself into not noticing that he likes her. 

 I love Keatyn's journey. Other people who don't have the same connection to this series may not see it. But Keatyn is really growing. She is taking her experiences and she is learning how to be a strong person. 

 Even if she doesn't always make the best decisions and even if she doesn't always know what to do. It's real, you can see the difference in her already. And I know that as the series continues you will see more of it. 

 This series is about life and it's real. It's full of not just angst teenage drama, but real life drama. It's intense and has emotions that really pull at you. 

 The Keatyn Chronicles grabs the reader and Date Me is a great installment to the series.

 Make sure you tune in Saturday for the Book Talk on Book #4 Love Me

 *Quote- "Did you have Lucky Charms for breakfast this morning? Cuz you look magically delicious." -Dallas

                "You can't fully love anyone until you learn to love yourself." -Abby Johnston

                 "Always. Only. Ever. For you." -Aiden Arrington

 For...

 Jillian's Author Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/08/book-talk-jillian-dodd.html

 Stalk Me's Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/08/book-talk-review-stalk-me.html

 Kiss Me's Book Talk:  http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/08/book-talk-review-kiss-me.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper