Book Talk Review; Destruction

 Hey Y'all, Today our Book Talk is on Destruction, Book 5 in the Mystic Series by B.C. Burgess


 Layla

 After nearly losing her hero, Layla Callaway vows to never be without him again, but when she learns the fate of humanity may rest on her shoulders, her world is turned upside down.

 Quin

 Quin Kavanagh thought dying would be the hardest challenge he’d face while fighting for love, but that was before he learned Layla’s purpose is bigger than him. When heavenly revelations come to light, he’s forced to question everything he knows while facing the loss of everything he loves.

 The Enemy

 The Dark Guild craves the power of the Underworld and has the knowledge to release it, but before they can tear the veil, they must destroy the witch sent by the Heavens to protect it.

  Stretching from coast to coast and teeming with loathed villains and beloved heroes, The Mystic Series is rich with emotion, magic and intrigue. Whether the reader is laughing, crying or falling in love, they'll find themselves invested in Layla's fate through the rich dialogue and emotionally driven characters that weave the web of this fiery tale.

 *Note- I received an ARC Copy of this book for an honest review (Releases May 22nd along with Book 6 Devastation)

 I was lucky to be able to receive ARCs of Both Destruction and Devastation. And I read them both this past weekend.

 Holy Shit. I have no idea how the hell I'm supposed to do this. I have never had my heartstrings played like they were played while reading this book.

 Bonnie complete took me by surprise in this book.  But of course she takes me by surprise with every book. There are always twists and turns that blow in and make you rethink everything.

 With that being said she does it once again. I can not tell you how caught up in my emotions I was. The Book is Titled Destruction, and there is Destruction in this book.

 Destruction takes apart lives and it makes our characters have to rewrite their paths.

 The Crusaders want Layla to join their cause and help them when the Dark Guild goes and threatens to destroy everything. 

 But is Layla the witch they seek? Is she the Earth Angel? The one meant to save them all?

 And if so what does that mean for her? What does that mean for her and Quin?

 I know the Epilogue in Retribution got everyone's blood boiling. It sure got mine! I couldn't even think about Gavin while reading this without getting pissed off.

 We don't see Gavin until Chapter 16,  but the whole time leading up to that I was trying not to let my hatred for him take over. Because Bonnie has said over and over again that he is a good guy, but I couldn't believe it. I can't believe it. Because no matter what he did in both Destruction and Devastation it can't make up for the things he had said in Retribution. Or the things he said in Destruction.

 Gavin is a stuck up prick who needs a good wake up call. Just because he is supposedly some high and great soothsayer for The Crusaders, doesn't mean he knows anything. It took a lot of restraint not to throw my kindle at the wall when I heard the Bullshit that he was spewing.

  I had angry tears at that point. The tears I shed were pissed off tears at Gavin. And the scenes that came after that little encounter broke my heart. Because it was such a tense moment and such a horrible think to watch unfold. The characters really get put through the wringer. Especially Quin.

 Poor Quin, I felt so bad for him during that moment, he didn't know what to do. I felt so bad for Layla, she was just as lost as he was. But Quin was crumbling, and it hurt my heart.

 The next tears I shed were for all the feel good moments. Because there were a lot of them. After Chapter 18 I just had a steady stream of tears going.

 If Water wasn't coming out of my eyes, it was about to. or I was blinded by the moisture in them threatening to come out at any second.

 Of course my Tears went from feel good ones to not feel good at all. At first they were disbelief tears, then they were pissed off tears, then they were heartbroken tears.

 Destruction...that is a good title. Because after that my heart was just destroyed.

 I am still riding my Destruction high, and I think it will be like that for a while now. I won't be able to get these books out of my head anytime soon.  

 I think I'm going to do a read through in a few weeks, where I just spend days rereading these books. All of the books, start the series from the beginning and just read all the way through.

 And all that is because of Bonnie's skill. I'm the type who rarely rereads because, I memorize everything that I read so it makes it hard to go back and read a book again.

 However, there are a few books and authors that I can read over again because they are that good. I mean, how if you can read a book hundreds of times and have it still feel like it is the first time you've read it. That is how you know that the author is awesome.

 And Bonnie is a Fucking Amazing Writer. I love the Mystic Series and I love Bonnie. Her writing is so amazing and I can read these books over and over again and never get bored.

 *Quote- Loving you is like breathing, Layla- natural and necessary. Every breath of you is a breath of life, and living never felt so good. If I have to fight my way through hell to keep you, that's exactly what I'll do."- Quin

 To go back to the Beginning and see where I started from. Go and check out the Book Talks on the first four Mystic Books and the Author Talk on Bonnie. From when I ran my B.C. Burgess Feature all those months ago. It feels like forever because those were some of my very first posts back when I first started in January. And Even though it wasn't that long ago, It was when I was still doing posts everyday, and when I was still figuring out how to run things.

 For

 Bonnie's Author Talk:  http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-talk-bc-burgess_12.html

 Desecension's Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-talk-review-descension.html

 Impassion's Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-talk-review-impassion.html

 Deception's Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-talk-review-deception.html

 Retribution's Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-talk-review-retribution.html

 *Note- I will have the Book Talk for Devastation up on Thursday, that is also release day. And I highly recommend. Strongly advise you. To not read the Book Talk until you have read the book. While I won't be giving away and spoilers, I will have the Blurb up, and there is enough spoilers in that to make you go crazy. I know because When I was checking out the paperbacks on amazon I started crying. So Please proceed with caution on Thursday when I post the Book Talk. Thank you. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper