Book Talk Review; Desert Heat

 Desert Heat by Elizabeth Reyes releases on May 13th.

 I got the pleasure of reading an ARC and reviewing it today.


 Between working three jobs, worrying about her family, and running from her past, the only thing that would further complicate singer Bethany Amaya's life is a romance. But after a second run in with the intense and sexy detective Damian Santiago, that's exactly what she gets. In the blink of an eye, Bethany's caught up on a passionate affair with one of the most irresistible men she's ever met.

 Awestruck by this beautiful and intriguing woman, Damian is both surprised and delighted when Bethany agrees to something he didn't even expect to be asking for so soon-exclusivity. But as things heat up, Damian's skills of detecting and reading body language begin to rise his suspicions. Bethany is keeping something from him.

 Some things are better left unsaid. Bethany never imagined falling in love so quickly, and she refuses to get Damian caught up in her troubles. With everything suddenly working against her, the race is on to fix things before the truth is revealed and Damian finds out it's much worse than he imagines.

 Steamy and addictive, Desert Heat is the page-turning story of a fiery whirlwind romance threathened at every turn by a dark secret.

  I've read all Elizabeth's books except for Forever Yours.

 I love all the books, all the stories, all the characters, everything. But this book is so awesome. It is so amazing. It is so HOT.

 Elizabeth really out did herself this time.

 Damian is everything you can expect from an Elizabeth Reyes book and then some. He is hot, he is possessive,  he is alpha, and oh so sexy. I've said this before about Elizabeth and I'll say it again. She really does know how to write a sexy alpha male. Damian is so sweet and so intense, you can't help but falling for him almost immediately.

 Bethany is someone who you can get into right away as well. She is so sweet, her character is so good that even though you don't learn her secret until it's out, you still feel bad for her, you still are anxious to find out what is going on in her life that she has to hide.

 I teared up at the end because when the truth comes out it isn't something you're expecting. I'll admit I had my suspicions about what it was that Bethany was running from and working towards. But I didn't see the book twisting like it did. Of course I should have remembered who the author was. Because Elizabeth has had a habit of taking me by surprise a lot during on of her addictive books.

 Once you start reading you can't stop.

 And The Santiago Siblings. Even though we don't get to see one of Damian's brothers Dominic, we get to see the other ones.

 Damian's brothers and sister are characters that I want to see again and again in more books about the Santiagos.

 To rate this book would be impossible. There aren't enough stars in the world that I can scale this book against.

 Having read almost all of Elizabeth's previous books, I knew going in that this was going to be intense and it was going to be addictive. I just didn't realize how intense, or how addictive it was actually going to be.

 The emotions in this book are intense and quickly I fell in love with Damian and Bethany's story. I can't wait to see what amazingly awesome books Elizabeth brings us next.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper