Book Talk Review; Gio

Gio 5th street # 2 By Elizabeth Reyes

 
 When tragedy strikes in the ring, Giovanni Bravo falls into a deep depression, walking away from his dream of boxing to train instead. He agrees to a two month get-away, helping train Felix Sanchez, his high school best friend and now welterweight champ of the world. Once at Felix's lavish boxing complex, he's reunited with Bianca Rubio, someone he remembers only as the girl with the innocent doe eyes back in high school. Her refreshing, cheerful demeanor not only takes Gio's mind off his troubled conscience, he finds himself falling for her fast and hard. The problem--Bianca is Felix's girlfriend.

 Having a sexy, famous boyfriend has its perks, but they come with a price. Bianca not only has to deal with the ongoing tabloid rumors about her boyfriend hooking up with other women, but also his constant absence when he is on the road. So now that Felix will be in town for two whole months to train for his next big bout, Bianca is thrilled. He's even asked her to move into his cabin while he's there. But when he leaves for days at a time to promote his fight, Bianca spends time getting to know Felix's gorgeous new trainer and good friend, Gio. Increasingly drawn to his sweet smile and smoldering green eyes, she finds herself saying and doing things she normally wouldn't.

 As it becomes more and more difficult for each to resist the other, Gio crosses the line between them. He hopes that one kiss will alleviate the overwhelming temptation and clear both their systems, but it does just the opposite. Their temptation suddenly becomes an obsession--a dangerous obsession that threatens to spiral out of control yet both are helpless to fight it.

 Adult Contemporary romance
 Can I just say that Gio is a sexy hot boxer whom I just love... Thought I'd get that out of the way since we all know that I love all the Book Boyfriends that I write about... especially of Elizabeth writes them... if someone asked to give a list of my BBF's that list will be never ending... I'm just saying.

 Now on to the review!

   So in Gio's last fight something happened... something big! and it messed with him a little. Well a lot. I felt so bad for Gio I actually started crying the first few pages.

 He takes time off from boxing to recover but he isn't sure if he wants to return to the ring. 

 As if by chance his friend Felix invites Gio to his training facility to train for his next fight. Felix along with the other guys want to try to persuade him to get back in the ring. They hope that by having Gio go up and train with Felix he will want to get back in the ring.

 Bianca is this doe-eyed beauty from high school. She lives in the same town as Felix's compound and they happened to meet again and catch up and develop a relationship.

 Enter Gio and Bianca suddenly begins to feel all these things for him, Things she shouldn't

 Gio and Bianca enter into a secret forbidden romance and neither one of them is prepared for where it takes them.

 Yes Bianca ends up betraying Gio, and as much I can't condone it, as much as I hate even the thought of cheating in any relationship; fiction or not. Bianca and Felix were never really right for each other. You can tell that by their interactions and their conversations. And as much as it was wrong. Bianca and Gio did what was right for them at the time.

 While I am not one to stand for it. I get it, and it honestly makes the story better for me. Yes I know my train of thought is fucked up. But the situation they were put in was what they needed. Though they didn't need what happened after.

 It was horrible, not just what happened after Felix but the other events that occurred. I cried. I felt like my heart was ripped out, not knowing what was going on.

 And I am sure that Bianca felt the same when she heard. And all the other characters who were involved and it tore at my heart.

 I gave a sigh of relief when We finally got to the part where we learned if everything was okay. But then my heart shattered again when we got other news.

 Sorry this is cryptic shit but I have to give it to you without giving it to you. If that makes sense?
 Bianca and Gio are good, they are a good couple and they belong together. 

 I loved this book just like I loved all of Elizabeth's other books!

Next up is Hector! So come back Thursday! And also Abel is due on Saturday but I will be leaving for out of town on that day too. So depending on the what's going on I might post it on Friday...  or in the vampire hours between Friday and Saturday.. I'll let ya'll know!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper