Book Talk Review; This Is Love, Baby

I've waited a week to write this review, and in no way am I prepared for it. 


THIS IS BOOK TWO IN SERIES. PLEASE READ THIS IS WAR, BABY FIRST.
 My War was over and I had lost. 
My captor reminded me I was nothing more than his pawn. 
His strategy never changed…it was always me. 
But what he didn’t know was that LOVE always wins. 
In my War, I’d found not only peace but LOVE as well. 
I’d been through a battlefield with my War and LOVE was what brought us to the other side. 
Our LOVE was beautiful and pure. 
Undying. 
My captor thinks he has won this war. 
That I will LOVE him. 
What he doesn’t know is this time, I’m the one with a strategy. 
I’m always thinking several moves ahead of him, my War taught me that. 
I will outsmart him and find peace again. 
This is a war I will win. 
My LOVE will conquer all. 
Warning: This is Love, Baby is a dark romance. Strong sexual themes and violence which could trigger emotional distress are found in this story. Terrible, terrible things happen to our poor heroine, so you’ve been properly warned. This story is NOT for everyone.



 (Teasers courtesy of K Webster's Facebook Group)

*

Honestly, I don't know what to say. This book broke me. 

I've been in this book rut for a week now. I've finished this book and everything else after it, hasn't been enough for me. 
I have one more book to read this month, and two more reviews to put up. I don't know if I can, because this fucking book. 

I don't give away spoilers, but I made sure to use quotes that will drive y'all crazy. 

I can't really run through this book, because there is so much I can't say. You'll just have to read it to understand.

We all know how the end of the first book went down, I'm not going to get into the dirty details, because I'm already trying really fucking hard not to cry. 

So we know that Baylee was going to have a hard time in this book, we know from the blurb that she's done playing the pawn. She's prepared to do whatever it takes to beat Gabe at his own sick game. 

But what she doesn't know, and what we the readers don't know until it happens...is that there is way more to this game than meets the eye.

Fucking K Webster. She is evil. Evil hidden beneath a sweet smile. 

I knew that things weren't going to be easy, this was my third K Webster book. I knew she was going to throw some curve balls our way. But I did not expect this book to fuck with my head the way it did. 

Just when you think things can't get any worse, K reminds you that they can. 

Really, I shouldn't be surprised. But I was, because I so wanted to see Baylee and War rain hell on all who opposed them. 

And they did, in a way, but it wasn't easy. Nothing about this book is easy. 

I'm ruined for all those "sweet" romances. I've been diving deeper and deeper into the darkness, and while this book isn't that dark, it's dark enough.  

I've read about thirty-one books so far this year. Some I've loved more than others, and I still have a long way to go before the year is over. But I know that this one will stay in my top favorite. 

K Webster is a genius. An evil one, but a genius all the same. 

I love Baylee, she rose up as a heroine that commands respect, she shows strength. And while the majority of us will never come close to feeling the pain that she did, we can look at her as a source of inspiration. Because while it is fiction, it is written to express all that we want to be. 

Beautiful, strong, good, and just a little bit vengeful. 

One of my major reading goals this year is to read everything that K Webster has published, wish me luck, because she has about two dozen books out. 

*Quote- "Age is no matter when two hearts connect and become one." -Baylee

"Warren McPherson is a force to be reckoned with. He's a dark storm, raging from his inner demons. I have an appetite for his destruction. My soul craves to be completely overtaken by him." -Baylee

"I'm no longer the Baylee I once knew. He's found a way to sever the last thread of connection to who I was. The last thread to my life with War. I am nothing, floating and black. My soul wails in hopeless defeat." -Baylee

     
   
For The Book Talk on This is War, Baby: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2016/02/book-talk-review-this-is-war-baby.html 

-Abri

        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper