Book Talk Review; Loyalty And Lies

I'm never going to escape the romance genre. And I'm perfectly fine with that. Here's why...


Eighteen-year-old Savanah Parry just moved three thousand miles across state to escape. 
The memories…the whispers…the pain.

Chastity Falls Academy is supposed to be her fresh start; her salvation.
 And when Ana meets mysterious Jackson, she begins to think it is.
 She hasn’t smiled in almost sixteen months; not since the night her life changed forever, and despite her guilt…her loyalty, Ana can’t deny that Jackson is breathing life back into her. 
With Jackson by her side, Ana wants to believe she can heal and move on. But she isn’t the only one living a lie, and the small private Academy has secrets of its own.
 All is not what it seems, and Ana is about to find herself in a tangled web of lies; fighting for survival, again.

Loyalties will be tested, lies will be told.
 Welcome to Chastity Falls.  

*

So I'm going to be honest here, because I have to. Y'all need to know the truth. 

I've been losing touch with the romance genre. I know that I will never really let go of it, even as I read darker reads I find myself looking for ones that have romance in them. It's the core of who I am. 

But every time I pick up a darker book and then try to go back to straight romance, I feel stuck. 

But then I actually read said romance book, and I'm reminded why I can't ever let it go. 

Loyalty and Lies is the first book I've read by L.A. Cotton. I've been trying to expand my palette and find different authors. 

And this book is one that again, brought me back to where I started. There is so much more than a girl and a guy falling in love. 

Savanah and Jackson are two people who are trying to hide their pasts. They just want to make it through the day without anyone questioning them. 

And then they meet, and they find themselves in each other. Sounds, cliche I know. But I think that's why I love it. Because it's familiar. Because it's what I love. 

I live through these characters. The emotions, the depths, the way they respond to each other. I feel their pain, and I both hate and love it. 

I love how a book can make us fall in love with it. The depth of the characters, the depth of the story, the feelings, both fictional and real. 

Ana and Jackson need each other, they need each other to realize that they can do something for their past. They need each other to hold onto the future they want to create. 

L.A. Cotton was able to write a story that I enjoyed immensely and know that I will continue reading the series. 

This is why I can't give up romance. It's too integrated in my mind. I'm too deep into the emotions and the heart that it takes to write a story. 

Loyalty and Lies is a story about love, lies, and loyalty. Something that many books touch on, but this is one that really makes it clear. This is a book that helps us remember why it is important to trust that one special person. 

-Abri


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper