Book Talk Review; Out Of Breath

 The final book In Rebecca Donovan's Breathing Series

 Out of Breath

 
 "My insides still burned. I considered what I could do to push the torment back into the dark and return to my numb state. I couldn't do it on my own. I needed help. I was desperate."
  
 Emma Thomas is hiding.
 From everything and everyone...including herself. 
 Emma leaves Weslyn and everyone in it behind to attend Stanford University, just as she always intended.  
 A shell of her former self, she is not the same girl.
 But she can't hide forever.
 Her past will find her, and her secrets won't remain quiet-not if she wants to be forgiven.
 She is broken, and the only way that she’ll be whole again is through forgiveness.
 Emma must find a way to forgive herself and recognize her own worth before she can receive the love she deserves. 
 Emma learns that honesty can hurt worse than betrayal, and the truth may cost her the only love she's ever known.
This final installment will have readers holding their breath until the very last page.
 So As you all know I wasn't very happy with Emma at the end of Barely Breathing. During that book she pissed me off bad. But she was able to come back in Out Of Breath.
 It's been two years since we've last seen Emma, now she's in college and is working towards that goal she's always had. But she's not living. 
 We saw how much she let her past affect her in the last two books, but it this one she is letting it win. She is so closed off that she is barely recognizable any more, even to her friends.  
 She moves from one day to the next not allowing herself to feel anything. And then one night her past comes crashing into her full force. 
 And suddenly everything she has been trying to forget comes rushing back to her. 
 I feel for Emma in this one. I cried so much during this book. There was so much emotion and so much heartbreak, even when there wasn't. Just remembering and knowing that Emma didn't want to remember was painful. 
 When Emma makes the decision to forget again no matter what. It breaks my heart. I understand and my heart went out to her. Nobody should ever have to deal with the things that Emma did in her life. And the strength she put out to try to hold it together was amazing.
 Of Course I am still in love with Evan, and of course my heart went out to him. I really felt for him after Barely Breathing and know that he has every right to say and do whatever he wanted to Emma. But that's not the person he is. As much as he wants to try to hate Emma and as much as he probably should he also loves her. 
 Emma and Evan have a lot of trust to make up and a lot of things to figure out. Emma wants Evan to Hate her so she can try not to love him. Evan even though he is hurt can never do that to her, especially because he does love her. 
 I loved this book. After what happened in Barely Breathing and all the stupid decisions that Emma made I hoped that she was able to redeem herself in this last book. And she did, seeing her struggle with the choices she made hurt my heart. 
 I loved the flow of this book and the dual Point-of-view that we get from both Emma and Evan. I loved watching them fall in love all over again and I loved watching them realize that they were never out of love with each other. 

 *Quote- "Living in the mistakes of your past isn't going to do anything but destroy your future." - Evan

               "I don't want you to hate me. I want you to forgive me, I want you to love me again. But I don't know how to let you id I can't forgive myself. It always comes back to forgiving, doesn't it?" - Emma
 This Series is about Love and Forgiveness and Surviving and Breathing through the hard times, even when you think it has broken you down so much you are drowning.
 I can't wait to see what Brilliant books Rebecca comes out with next! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper