Book Talk Review; Barely Breathing

  Hey Y'all, I'm a day behind, of course!

  Book Talk on the Second Book in the Breathing Series by the Awesome Rebecca Donovan starts now!

 
 
 "I've spent most of my life trying to make it to a future that still hasn't happened, or avoid a past that won't let me go. I don't remember when I've ever just stopped to live in the present, to hold on to the seconds I'm in."

 Emma Thomas’s struggle with an abusive home life came to a heart-pounding conclusion in the final chapters of Reason to Breathe, the first installment of The Breathing Series— Rebecca’s Donovan’s bestselling romantic-thriller (USA Today). 
 
 Now her secret life has been exposed, and her tormentor can’t hurt her anymore. Yet some are still haunted by that night. The bruises may have faded, but scars and fears, remain. 
 
 How will she reclaim her life when she's barely breathing?
 
 For me this book didn't have the emotional impact that Reason To Breath did. It was still good don't get me wrong, but I spent a lot of the time pissed off at Emma for some of the choices she made. 
 
 I still loved her story and Emma is still dealing with what happened. She's drowning in herself. But Sara and Evan try their best to help her. 
 
 I feel for Emma I really do, but some of the choices she made in this book were not ones that I liked. 
 
I did cry in this book because it is still a powerful book and I understand the decisions that were made in this book even if I don't approve of them. 
 
 Emma hasn't had an easy life and then a ghost from the past comes walking back in. Someone who hurt her in more ways than one. 
 
 Emma makes a new friend and that is where a lot of her choices play into. It's not that they are anything that is really bad but the way she goes about it and the way she handles everything isn't that great. 
 
 Emma is still recovering and she will still be recovering for a long time. You just can't go through what Emma did and not be damaged in one way or another. 
 
 But while everyone who was apart of that night is still damaged and will probably always be, That doesn't mean that they are as messed up as they think they are. 
 
 Emma doesn't realize exactly who she is or how she feels because she thinks she is still fucked up. And honestly in a way she is fucked up. But she isn't as fucked up as she seems to think. 
 
 I still love Evan and my heart just broke for him more than once during this book. He is so sweet and so understanding and so just Evan. 
 
 *Quote- "Everything seems so possible when I look up at the sky and see the universe gleaming before me." - Emma
 
               "Hold on to this life, Emma, you're so much stronger than you think you are." - Evan
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Viper

Release; Homegrown Hero