Stained Review








  After a fire destroys seventeen-year-old Julia’s home and kills her foster parents, she chases the half-demon responsible across the country and back, determined to avenge her family and discover why a host of celestial baddies want her dead. With Julia is enigmatic hottie - Cayne, who has his own score to settle with the half-demon, and who might be just as dangerous as the creature he and Julia hunt.


Buy on:





Review;

 If I were to give it an Amazon Rating it would be a 3. I just didn't connect well with the concept of the book. 

 But that does it wasn't good. Because it was, this was a good book and I enjoyed reading it. 

 Julia is a character who basically lost everything in the fire. Her home, her parents, her whole life is destroyed. 

 Cayne is someone she meets while she is hiding out days after her life is turn-upside down. And then suddenly her life is turned around again. This time in a different way. 

 Julia learns that there might be something more going on than meets the eye. Something more to her than she originally thought. 

 There are so many components of this book that worked and so many that didn't. I'm not going to give a cynical review and talk about what I didn't like. 

 What I am going to do is say how much I enjoyed reading it. It was different than what I normally read, I don't normally stray from my romance books so it was nice to venture out and discover something new. I'm all into magic and adventure and demons and all that good stuff as well. 

 To me this book is good and has something that I think readers are going to love, it has adventure and danger and a hottie of course and you can never go wrong with a hot guy. 

 It has the pain of loss and the heartbreak of love, it has something to offer. This is a book that talks about having your life flipped upside down where you lose everything. Just because I couldn't get into it the way that I wanted to doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy reading it. 

 This is the first book I've read by Ella James and I'd say that I would read another one of her books because she keeps it interesting and at the end of the book I was like wow. 

 This book seems more than it is, and the reader would be surprised by the things they didn't see coming. 

 I would continue the series because of wanting to find out what happens next. Not everyone will react to the same book the same way, and that is what's awesome about reading. So even though it wasn't a great match for my taste it captured my attention and I would keep reading the series until it's finished because that is the impact that Ella's writing has on you. 




About Ella James;

Ella James is a Colorado author who writes teen and adult romance. She is happily married to a man who knows how to wield a red pen, and together they are raising a feisty two-year-old who will probably grow up believing everyone's parents go to war over the placement of a comma.

Ella's books have been listed on numerous Amazon bestseller lists, including the Movers & Shakers list and the Amazon Top 100; two were listed among Amazon's Top 100 Young Adult Ebooks of 2012. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper