Book Talk Review; Combative

 From the amazing mind of Jay McLean comes...

 
 We all play victims to our pasts; to the choices we make and the lives we create. 
 They define who we are. 
 And sometimes if we're lucky enough, the past stays where it belongs: in the past. 
 I'm not one of the lucky ones. 
 I never have been.
 Because now the past is knocking on my door, offering deals I have no choice but to take… deals that will  help bring justice—not just for me, but for my brothers.

 The problem?
 The deal is a ticking time bomb.
 One I didn't know existed.

 Tick.
 Tock.

 You have got to be fucking kidding me.

 Literally my last words at the end of this book. Because holy shit, this book is the best I've read by Jay, hell the best I've read all year, but it left me feeling completely just empty. 

 Not a bad type of empty, but a good type, just a confused type. I NEED the second book. NEED it like I NEED to breathe.

 I'm not going to give y'all a run down because it's best to go into this totally and completely blind, just trust me on this one.

 I spent a good portion of this book confused, okay most of the book confused. There is just so much going on behind the scenes it's a roller coaster as we try to get to the end. I've never needed the next book in the series like I need the next book in this one.

 Jay has always amazed me with the way she is able to twist her words. This is different than all of er previous six books. It's raw, pure raw talent on those pages. I don't know how she did it.

 I've always loved reading Jay's books, because I knew I could count on humor and love, and real life shit. Now I am going to look at her work with a new perspective.

 All I've been reading lately are books that fill me, and leaving me feeling changed. This is one book that changed me. Because, while it didn't change my perspective on the world, or fill my heart with peace. It gave me something too look forward to. I get to  look forward to the next book in the series, because I know it's going to be better than the last.

 I left this book feeling like my heart was ripped to shreds, because this is NOT the type of book you expect when you pick up a Jay McLean book, but that's what made it so great. Even though I still have no idea what in the actual fuck happened, I'm on the edge, needing the next book in my hands.

 Quote- "Because you don't deserve to live in a world without color." -Ky

              "With Every single kiss-he stole my breath and made it his, holding it captive. And I knew it then-that whatever we were meant to be-for however long time would allow it-it was going to be breathtakingly heartbreakingly, beautiful." -Madison

               "I don't think it's our pasts that define us, and it's not even our life's final destination. It's everything we do in between, the actual living, that creates who we are." -Ky

               "People do crazy things when they feel like the clock is ticking too fast, or too slow, or not ticking at all." -Madison

For...

Jay's Author Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2015/06/book-talk-jay-mclean.html

 Book Talks on...

 More Than This: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-talk-review-more-than-this.html

 More Than Her: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-talk-review-more-than-her.html

 More Than Her: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/07/book-talk-review-more-than-him.html

 More Than Forever: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/07/blog-tour-more-than-forever_23.html

 Where The Road Takes Me: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2015/02/blog-tour-where-road-takes-me.html

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper