Book Talk Review; Third And Long

I don't know what I feel...


Not everyone plays by the rules.

Eva Papageorgiou has it all: the popularity that always felt so elusive in high school, looks that men can’t ignore, and a boyfriend that other women covet. She’s gorgeous, powerful; she has the world at her fingertips.

And it’s all a lie.

The problem with living a lie is how easy it is to forget who you’re lying to. Eva’s time to withdraw into the shadows has expired, courtesy of Rob’s rising fame. Her only option is to hide in plain sight.
Amid all the chaos, Rob is her safe escape from it all. They continue to be stronger together than they ever could be on their own.
Until being together is what tears them apart.

Rob Falls has everything he’s ever wanted: his dream girl, a winning team, respect from everyone. He’s at the top of his game, with a Heisman nod on the horizon, and the potential to be a first-round draft pick.

And it’s all crumbling before his eyes.

The mounting pressure of being an athlete at the next level while doing all he can to protect Eva takes its toll. He doesn’t sleep enough, he worries constantly, and he’s torn wanting to be in two places at once.
Rob never imagined the day he’d have to choose between fame and love.

Sometimes life makes choices for us.

With the game and their hearts on the line, will Rob and Eva keep their secrets hidden? Or will they reveal everything to each other, to themselves, to the world…only to lose it all?

*

I don't like writing reviews right after I finish a book. Because I don't want my wayward emotions to dictate what I say and make said review unreadable. However, there are some books that if I don't express myself right away I lose all hope of finding words. Third and Long falls into the latter category. For so many reasons. So many. Let's start with the obvious, Kata Cuic is an evil writer who knows how to bring us up and take us down just as quickly.

I was terrified going into Third and Long, I'm not going to lie. With Ms. Cuic you just never know what's going to happen. Rob and Evie had been through so much already, I was afraid of what more they could go through. Well, a lot. There was a whole lot that happened in this book, some good, some bad. A lot heartbreaking.

It's no secret that this series is emotionally draining. It takes a lot out of you, and I can only imagine what it's like to write. At the end of this book I didn't feel that crushing hopelessness that I did at the end of the first one, or the shock and disbelief I did at the end of the second. Instead all I felt was lost. I'm not sure how to feel, I'm not sure how I'm going to survive the wait until book four. The tears I shed over thee characters are so worth it. They have a story worth telling.

Don't go into Third and Long and expect anything-you will be disappointed. Because Kata Cuic blew away any expectations I had. Kata knows how to write this story, and the way she's doing it. God, the way she's doing it makes my heart beat faster. It makes my eyes leak. It makes me feel all the things.

The Moving The Chains series is beautiful. It's also sad. But there's a beauty to the sadness, you just have to find it. For a third installment of an emotionally charged series, Third and Long is in a league of it's own. It takes love, it takes dedication, and a whole lot of tissues to make it this far in this series. But when you do-after your tears dry, after your heart beats again-you see why it's so good. I don't even want to think about what's going to happen in book four. I just know it's going to ruin me, and then hopefully, finally heal me. No matter what, I'm going to be sticking by this story and these characters.

-Abri 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper