Book Talk Review; Halfway To The Grave

 It's Time for a New Book Talk. I'm positively addicted to Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress Series.


 Flirting with the Grave...
 Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father - the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

 In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner - are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO READERS: 
There is a specific reading order for the Night Huntress series, including all other Night Huntress World series books, and some novellas. If you do not read them in the Author's suggested reading order (below), other than 'Reckoning', the books will not make sense, or you will read spoilers. The author's recommended reading order is:
RECKONING (eBook prequel novella set in Bones’s point of view before he meets Cat*) though I would recommend reading this after Book 1 so that you know the characters...
 
HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE (Book 1: Night Huntress Series)
 
ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE (Book 2: Night Huntress Series)
 
HAPPILY NEVER AFTER (eBook novella*)
 
AT GRAVE’S END (Book 3: Night Huntress Series)
 
DEVIL TO PAY (eBook novella*)
DESTINED FOR AN EARLY GRAVE (Book 4: Night Huntress Series)
 
MAGIC GRAVES (eBook anthology featuring a Cat and Bones story*)
FIRST DROP OF CRIMSON (Night Huntress World novel)
 
ETERNAL KISS OF DARKNESS (Night Huntress World novel)
THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE (Book 5: Night Huntress Series)
ONE GRAVE AT A TIME (Book 6: Night Huntress Series)
THE BITE BEFORE CHRISTMAS (contains a long Cat and Bones novella, “Home for the Holidays”)
ONCE BURNED (Book 1: Night Prince Series)
 
TWICE TEMPTED (Book 2: Night Prince Series)
UP FROM THE GRAVE (Book 7: Night Huntress Series)
BOUND BY FLAMES (Book 3: Night Prince Series)(releasing January 26th, 2015)

 I got this book not expecting to love it like I did.

 Cat and Bones are amazing together, I love their relationship, even though it starts out rough.

 Cat is a half-vampire, half-human vampire hunter. Bones is a vampire hit man. They meet on the job, both of them at one time try to kill each other. Until they realize they can use the other to complete their jobs.

 Cat, with her special abilities is the perfect bait to draw out those that Bones goes after. Only they get in deeper than they both expected to, and their hearts aren't the only thing on the line.

 I loved seeing Cat and Bones grow as characters in this book, they were able to not only work together, but they eventually were able to see past past prejudices to find love within each other.

 Since she discovered what she was Cat has been under the impression that all vampires are evil, but what if that isn't the case? What if they can choose whether or not if they are evil.

 In the two centuries that Bones has been alive, he has experienced many things, but he meets his match in Cat.

 They are thrust into danger as they discover that somethings are deeper than they thought. As a dangerous group of the undead tries to dispose of them, Cat and Bones must band together.

 I loved this book so much, I'm a huge fan of vampires, but I didn't expect this book to blow me away the way it did, there is so much action, so much danger, and so much love in this book that I wasn't expecting.

 Cat is your typical vampire hater, she's been hunting them for six years, ever since she found out that she was the spawn of one. She is a skilled killer, but then so is Bones.

 Bones is someone that Cat cannot understand. Why would he want to kill his own kind? Not only does Bones train Cat into a vampire killing machine, but he teaches her to open her heart and see things from the other side of the Grave.

 The danger is looming around every dark corner, and it's up to them to stop a ruthless vampire from expanding his industry. Only when the ones they care about are thrust into the crossfire, everything changes.

 The magnitude of the story is so memorizing, I read this book within a day or so, I became addicted to this series, to these characters right away, I had to buy and read all the books after that. Within two weeks I had the whole series devoured. Jeaniene is an amazing righter, she is able to captivate her readers with her flawless writing, complex characters and strong story-lines.

 The passion between Cat and Bones is so strong throughout these books, rarely do you see a series that has the same amount of love and passion through all the books, with the added stress from whatever looming danger there is. I love their relationship, Jeaniene is able to show them grow throughout all the books, she is able to bring them together, no matter how many issues they face.

 The Night Huntress Series is one of my favorite vampire series ever.

 *Quote- "I can't just let us go our separate ways, Kitten, because I am in love with you. I love you." -Bones

                 "I'm saying I'm a moody, insecure, narrow-minded, jealous, borderline-homicidal bitch, and I want you to promise me that you're okay with that, because it's who I am and you're what I need. I missed you every minute this week and I don't want to spend another day without you. If my mother disowns me for being with a vampire, then that's her decision, but I've made mine, and I won't apologize or back down from it." -Cat

Jeaniene's Auhtor Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2015/01/book-talk-jeanine-frost.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Viper

Release; Homegrown Hero