Book Talk Review; This Lullaby

 My most Favorite Sarah Book

 
 She’s got it all figured out.

  Or does she? When it comes to relationships, Remy’s got a whole set of rules.

  Never get too serious. Never let him break your heart. And never, ever date a musician.

  But then Remy meets Dexter, and the rules don’t seem to apply anymore.

  Could it be that she’s starting to understand what all those love songs are about?

 This is my favorite Sarah Dessen book. I love Remy and Dexter.

 Remy has love all figured out. She has always known when to give a guy "The Speech". Before anything gets too serious.

 She's learned all there is from her mother, who is on husband number five.

 And then she meets Dexter.

 He breaks all the rules.

 He's messy and disorganized.

 He's impulsive and competitive. 

 Everything's a game.

 He's a musician. Something she never said she wanted.

 But she can't understand why she can't break up with him.

 From the moment they meet, Dexter doesn't fit the mold like those before him.

 Honestly I don't know what stands out in this book to make me love it so much. I love the voice of Remy. I love the silliness of Dexter.

 This book is about Love.

 It's about letting go all your reservations and giving in to your heart.

 Sometimes love finds you. Even when it's the last thing you want.

 This book is one that I can read over and over again. The romance is so clear and beautiful. There are many lines in here that get you to think about love.

 This book is one that I was so invested in. I never wanted the story to end.

 The ending is very clear. It talks about how nothing is certain, and no matter what happens, things will be because they just are.It's okay to take risks and let life happen. Because one day they will lead you to what your meant to have.

Old Cover ( I love both of them. But I love he New one so much, I want both copies!)


*Quote- "The only way was to crash in." -Remy

              "I knew there were no guarantees. No way of knowing what came next for me, or him, or anybody. Some things don't last forever, but some things do. Like a good song, or a good book, or a good memory you can take out and unfold in your darkest times, pressing down the corners and peering in close, hoping you still recognize the person you see there." -Remy

              "I just sat there on the bed and listened to my song. The one that had been written for me by a man who knew me not at all, now sung by the one who knew me best." -Remy

 For Sarah's Author Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/09/book-talk-sarah-dessen.html

 That Summer's Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/09/book-talk-review-that-summer.html

 Someone Like You's Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/09/book-talk-review-someone-like-you.html

 Keeping The Moon's Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/09/book-talk-review-keeping-moon.html

 Dreamland's Book Talk: https://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=8sGlt0gBAAA.yTjQDMAmd6-CMjV-0dTn_Q.1IPzdAYKnKgO3JRLqIZhAw&postId=7117735891286215667&type=POST

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper