Book Talk Review; Breathe

 It's time for a new Book Talk!























 In the shore town of Sea Breeze, Sadie discovers that fame is nothing in the face of passion.
 Sadie White's summer job isn't going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother's increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother's job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island. 

 When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.

 Even though Sadie isn’t impressed by Jax’s fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax, but he fights his attraction: Relationships never work in his world, and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. Yet as the summer stretches on, Jax’s passion leaves him breathless—and Sadie feels like the only source of oxygen.

 Can their love overcome the disparity in their lifestyles? One breath at a time, they’re going to find out…

 This is the second Abbi book that I read. I was a little apprehensive going into it, but I'm so glad that I read it and loved it.

 This is my favorite Sea Breeze book, it is a sweet innocent love story between a girl, and the worlds favorite rockstar.

 Sadie isn't your typical 17 year old. She's spent more time raising herself and taking care of her mother, than she has swooning over teen rockers.

 Jax is fascinated by Sadie's disinterest in his fame. And he's drawn to her.

 Their relationship starts out rocky. But neither can deny the attraction towards the other. Sadie is scared that she's just the summer girl. Someone to forget about when the fun is gone.

 But Jax shows her, with his heart, that there is more to them than just the summer crush.

 But how can they hide the fact that after the summer Jax is leaving? He has commitments that he has to fulfill, and Sadie is a girl who has to get through high school, while dealing with her mother and her soon to be sibling.

 When Sadie and Jax find love in each other, they both know what is coming.

 Only will the end come faster than expected?

 I loved this book so much. Abbi has a writing style that you just can't escape from. Her characters are written and they feel real, you can feel the emotion coming off of the pages.

 I have to say that I did cry while reading this book. I cried because even when I knew what was bound to happen happened, I couldn't help the feeling of devastation that I felt. This book made me cry twice, it made me feel a lot of things, and it helped me start one of the biggest obsessions ever.

 *Quote- "You saved me, Sadie. You may not realize it, but you did." -Jax

                "Once I had accepted that I would never love someone the way I love Jax, it was a little easier to breathe. He would always be in my heart, whether he wanted to be there or not. I just didn't have enough room for anyone else. He was my air, my soul, and the keeper of my heart." -Sadie

 *Note- I have been putting this off for a while now. I love Abbi Glines and want to share her books with as many people as possible. But I have an ulterior motive for doing this when I did. The last book in the Sea Breeze Series is coming out October 28th, just a few short days away. It is book 9 in this amazing series that follows a group of friends as they find love in the coastal town of Sea Breeze, Alabama. Breathe is book number 1. Tune in Tuesday for Book number 2, Because Of Low's Book Talk.

For Abbi's Author Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/08/book-talk-abbi-glines.html

Comments

  1. Love this book, but then again I love all of Abbi's books, but Jax and Sadie's books are one of my all time favorite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you Melissa! Jax and Sadie are my all time favorite Abbi couple, even though I love them all.

      -Abri

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper