Book Talk Review; That Wedding

 The Second Book in Jillian Dodd's That Boy Series That Wedding

 
 The gorgeous engagement ring on my finger mimics my happiness.
 I feel so sparkly, glittery, and full of promise, because I absolutely know he's that boy.
 The boy I want to marry. My prince. My happily ever after.

 But then our pastor starts asking lots of questions.
 His parents say I haven’t dealt with my past. 
 I have horrible wedding disaster dreams.
 I can’t find the perfect dress.
 I have to manipulate him to get my way.
 An old boyfriend asks me to run away with him.
 My best friend says I'm going to ruin everything.
 And forever starts to sound like a really long time.

 Which totally freaks me out and makes me question everything I know.

 Should best friends get married? 
 Will my past affect our relationship?
 Are my horrible dreams a warning?
 Will I ever find a dress?
 Could his sexiness be clouding my judgment?
 Am I going to ruin everything?
 Or is it just a case of cold feet?

 And then I have to decide. Am I willing to give up on true love forever, or am I going to listen to my heart and marry him?
 This is a sweet book. 
 Jadyn and Phillip plan their wedding and happily ever after. 
 But can they have a happily ever after after their pastor and parents raise questions about Jadyn's past and her ability to deal with the emotional side of it? 
 JJ and Phillip have been best friends forever. They are those two friends you have that you know need to be together forever.

 But when someone suggests that it's settling, will JJ change her views?

 Fun and filled with the same wit and snarky sarcastic attitude as the first one, That Wedding revisits one of my favorite Book Couples and allows us to be right there as they plan their future.

 Jillian put a lot of time and effort into this book. She hired a professional event coordinator to help her with the details, it shows in the book all the love and care that she placed in creating this.

 But this book isn't filled with all wedding bliss.

 JJ and Phillip go through the natural couple transitions, and they have their fights and what not.

 When JJ finally breaks under all the pressure, will she realize that Phillip is the one for her? No matter what other people might say or think?

 I loved this book just as much as I loved the first one. It was fun to see JJ and Phillip plan their wedding.

 It's not all fun though, there is some emotion packed into this book.

 JJ visits her parents for the first time in four years. Phillip and JJ have a good conversation right after that. One that brings tears to my eyes because it is so real and important to them.

 Jillian had me crying during the vows, it was so sweet, and so romantic. Everything about the wedding and the planning, everything that went on was so brilliantly done.

 It is easy to tell that Jillian put in a lot of time, to pull off the fantastic wedding experience that this book has.

 I can't wait to see what happens next in Phillip and JJ's journey during That Baby!

 *Quote- "To the nights you'll never remember with the people you'll never forget!"

                "No boy is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry."

For Jill's Author Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/08/book-talk-jillian-dodd.html

 That Boy's Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/09/book-talk-review-that-boy.html 

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Viper

Release; Homegrown Hero