Book Talk Review; Shadow Dancer


Shadow Dancer

Addison Kline

Released September 12th, 2014

*Note- I received an ARC Copy of this book for an honest Review Tour Review

Some secrets should just stay buried. 
On the day Tristan Morrow is born her mother goes missing, prompting an investigation that produces no solid leads. 

Fast forward 15 years, and the Morrow family still doesn't know the truth behind Catherine Morrow’s disappearance. 

When 15 year old Tristan is required to write a biography on her mother for a school assignment, she learns the truth about her mother’s fate, and is hell-bent upon finding out who was responsible for her death.
 But when Tristan herself goes missing too, everyone is suspect, even her own father and boyfriend. 

Set in rural Fox Hollow, PA, Shadow Dancer unravels a web of lies, deceit, madness and corruption. Can investigators crack the case before Tristan meets the same fate as her mother? 
And who is responsible for the disappearances?
 There is much uncertainty as the investigation unfolds, but there is one thing that is certain: Tristan Morrow holds the master key to the entire riddle.

Purchase







Review

Honestly, I can say that I would give this book a three out of five star review. 
I liked the idea behind the plot. The Blurb make it sound more mysterious and more dangerous. 
I just felt like I couldn't connect easily with the characters or the story. 
I enjoyed where Addison was taking it, but some of the writing didn't flow as neatly as it could have. 
The book was a good, one, it has a lot of promise and it easily could attract those readers who like mysteries and who like reading in suspense. 
This book is fast pace, and tells the story from multiple points of view. Which isn't a bad thing, it just moves so fast between characters it's hard to keep up. 
The overall story is one that kept my attention. Regardless on how it was executed I was able to read the story and follow along to it. 
 Addison knew where she wanted to take her story, and it shows in the product and quality in it. 
The story isn't what I have a hard time reviewing. I like the premise of it. 
But the execution could have been better. I felt that Addison's writing style didn't do this book justice. 
I would recommend this book. It certainly is  interesting, I like the mystery and the suspense. This book kept me on my toes, and there were a few moments when my heart lurched in my chest because if an intense moment. 
Overall this book deserves a three. If for nothing more than the plot and how Addison tried to get the plot across, while having to force all the other elements into it as well. 
I give her kudos to that. Because the plot is so complex, it would be hard for any author to do that so I admire that Addison was able to tackle something like that. 





Character interview with Tristan

JJ- Tristan! How’s it going?

Tristan: Who are you and how did you get in here?

JJ- I’m JJ Penn with Elkhart Radio 104.9 and we are live on the air!

Tristan: You’ve got to be kidding me.

JJ- I’m definitely not, so how are you doing today?

Tristan: Pretty good. Just trying to finish up this assignment before Kendricks fails me.

JJ: You’re a smart girl, I’m sure you’ll pull it off.

Tristan: You don’t know my English teacher.

An interruption from the background jars the microphone as a group of boys stampede in the room.

Tommy: Tristan! Aren’t you done yet?

Blake: Come on! I want my bedroom back!

Shane (looking at JJ): Who the hell are you?! (Shane glances at his cousins Tommy and Blake) Who

is that?!

JJ: (Clears throat) I’m JJ Penn from Elkhart Radio 104.9, and you might be?

Shane: Err... Shane Fitzpatrick. Tristan’s cousin.

The three boys eye JJ and Tristan suspiciously.

Tommy: We’ll be back later...

JJ returns his focus to Tristan, as he readjusts the microphone on the table.

JJ- Brothers?

Tristan- The dark haired boys are... the loud ginger is my cousin.

JJ- So Tristan, readers want to know what makes you tick. Would you mind answering a few

questions?

Tristan- Sure, I guess so. I really need to get back to this assignment though.

JJ- Great. Okay. First up, what is your full name?

Tristan- Tristan Elizabeth Morrow

JJ- See? That was pretty painless. Are you the youngest in your family?

Tristan- Yes the youngest of six kids in this house... and the only girl.

JJ- Does that annoy you? Being surrounded by brothers?

Tristan- We’re pretty close, actually. Yeah, they get on my nerves, but it would be lonely without

them... and in case you haven’t noticed, I’m not exactly the lace and frills kind of girl...

JJ- What are three of your biggest downfalls?

I’m stubborn.... I’ve got a temper... and I’m a bit of a perfectionist.

JJ- One of them, huh? What’s it like living up here in No Man’s Land?

Tristan- No man’s land? This is Morrow land. It’s nice and quiet. Just how I like it. I’m surprised you

drove all the way up here just to ask me some questions.

JJ- Cavegat Pass is no joke, that is for sure. Okay, let’s dig a little deeper. What do you want to do

after high school?

Tristan- Go to college. I’d like to be a veterinarian.

JJ- Very nice, okay next question. What are three of your biggest pet peeves?

Tristan- Hmm.... Not having enough personal space. Unannounced visitors. Secrets.

JJ- You don’t like secrets?

Tristan- No. I want to know the whole truth... not just what you think I can handle. I’m a big girl.

JJ- Name three of your biggest dreams that you hope to accomplish.

Tristan- I don’t have dreams. I have goals that I will achieve. I plan to graduate from Steeplechase a

year early with a GPA of 3.8 or better. I plan to attend Bloomsburg University then Bucknell. Then I’d

like to open a practice in Elkhart.

JJ- Would you offer your Dad a discount to care for his animals?

Tristan- Our animals, you mean? And I would treat them free of charge.

JJ- That’s very generous of you. You must really like animals.

Tristan- It’s something that I am passionate about.

JJ- Okay, next- Name one of your biggest fears?

Tristan- I don’t know what I’d do if something were to ever happen to one of my family members...

That haunts my dreams at night.

JJ- Okay. Last question. Do you know what the author, Addison Kline has in store for you?

Tristan- That girl’s got secrets and she’s not telling me anything!

JJ- Thanks for your time today Tristan. Okay folks, that’s all for today. Next time, we will be sitting

down with Tristan’s father Jack Morrow to see what makes him tick. From what I hear in town, he’s

not the kind of guy you want to get on the wrong side of. Hopefully I don’t piss him off! Til next time.

JJ Out!





Check out the other books by Addison

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper