Book Talk Review; That Boy

It's Thursday! And keeping up with our Jillian Dodd Feature that we started a few weeks ago, this Book Talk is about Jillian's first Book and one of my absolute favorites, That Boy

 

You know, being friends with two cute boys does have its benefits. 

 There's Danny. Danny is a golden boy in every way. He has dreamy blue eyes and blonde hair that always looks perfect, even when it’s windblown or been stuck under a football helmet. He’s the boy every girl crushes on. The boy I get into trouble with, the boy I fight with, the hot quarterback no girl can resist, not even me. Being with Danny is like being on an adventure. He has a bright, contagious smile and abs to die for. He’s pretty much irresistible.

 Equally crush worthy is Phillip. Adorable, sweet Phillip, who I have known since birth.  Phillip has dark hair, a perfect smile, brown eyes, and the sexiest voice I have ever heard. He’s the boy I talk to every night before I go to sleep. The boy who rescues me, the boy who can read my mind, the boy who is always there for me, the boy who tries to keep me out of trouble, the boy who irritatingly keeps getting hotter, and whose strong arms always seem to find their way around me.  And when he gives me that grin, I can never say no.

 One boy will give me my very first kiss.
 One boy will teach me to make out.
 One boy will take me to prom.
 And finally, one boy will ask me to marry him.
 They will both be my best friends.
 But only one of them will be the boy I fall in love with.
 Only one of them is That Boy.

 I fell in love with JJ and her boys right from the beginning. Jillian is an amazing storyteller.

 Jaydn Reynolds has been best friends with Danny Diamond and Phillip Mackenzie for forever.

 Danny is the one that JJ gets into trouble with. They are so alike that they're personalities clash.

 Then there's Phillip. Phillip, the one who's always there for her no matter what it is, where it is, or what he has going on.

 The three of them go through a lot together. They watch each other grow, laugh, live, love and grieve. 

 This is more than a story of falling in love with the boy next-door. This is about having great friendships, and finding your very own prince charming.

 We watch JJ, Phillip, and Danny grow up. We watch them all find love. We watch them all enjoy high-school and college. We watch them support each other. We watch them love each other.

 I always knew that this book was going to end with the one boy. That one special boy that has always been and will always be JJ's prince.

 Not giving any spoiler, y'all will just have to go and read it. And trust me this is a good one! JJ is hilarious! The story is gripping and makes you want to read, just to find out what kin of trouble she'll end up in next. It also has a lot of heart and a lot of emotion.

 This is one of the few books that I can re-read. And I cry every time I do. It hurts my heart. After reading the second book I understand a little better as to why things happened the way they did. But that doesn't make it anymore easier to read.

 I can't wait for JJ and Phillip's story to continue in the next installment. The third and final book in the That Boy Series, That Baby comes out early next year. That seems too long to wait!

 I loved watching JJ grow up, as she discovered things about herself, her life, and what she wants.

 JJ is sarcastic, hilarious, a trouble maker, and a naturally loving person. While she can come off as spoiled sometimes, she is just stubborn, but then aren't we all?

 Every girl wants to fall in love with the boy next-door. But what if you had the options of not one but two hotties?

 They will both be important members in JJ's life, they will both fall in love with a girl. One will fall for a princess, and that princess will get her prince in the end.

 *Quote- "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit."

                "Do any human beings ever realize life, while they lit it- every, every minute?" -Elizabeth, Our Town

                 "You made me play you knight in shining armor for so long, I just can't seem to get it out of my system." 

                  "I've been here for you all along. I've listened to you cry about other guys, I rescue you, take care of you when you're sick, hug you when you're sad, tell you you're beautiful when you look terrible." He looks me straight in the eyes and is dead serious when he says, "Princess, I've always been the one."

For Jillian's Author Talk:  http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/08/book-talk-jillian-dodd.html

               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper