Foster an Author; Kata Cuic: First and Goal





Eva Papageorgiou has one goal: to make it through her senior year of high school unseen and unscathed. But when her strategy to stay out of the limelight is derailed by rampant rumors, she’s forced to change tactics. Her new game plan is to keep everyone at arm’s length. Especially boys. So when she’s partnered up in class with the hot as hell varsity quarterback, she pushes and pushes.
Until he pushes back.

Rob Falls just wants to fit in. With his teammates, with his friends, with everyone. His image as the quintessential jock makes him feel like a fraud. Especially since it’s the only reason all the girls at school want him, except the one girl he dreams about. She wants nothing to do with him. When he’s forced to tutor the class pariah, he realizes it’s time to get in the game instead of standing on the sidelines.
She’s going to help him get exactly what he wants, whether she knows it or not.







Writing reviews never gets easier. I don't even know where to start. I guess a good place to begin would be to say that First and Goal was absolutely 100% a FIVE STAR book for me. I adored it, beginning to end. I've been in such a rut lately and this book pulled me right out of it!! I couldn't put it down.

First and Goal is a unique book. I truly wasn't expecting so much suspense and so many twists in a YA, high school teen angst type story. The questions that were burning through my brain, literally had me yelling out loud at my kindle the way a football fan yells at the TV during the Superbowl.

Eva Papageorgiou was a remarkable character. She's not at all the person I first thought and her evolution throughout the story was extraordinary to witness. Brilliant and strong, yet completely guarded, I found Eva to be a very realistic portrayal of a high school girl. She could be any one of us. The fact that she's Greek American just made me adore her even more and I loved the Greek references throughout the book!! It's not often I read a story with a character of my own ethnicity.

Now let me just say, you cannot help but fall head over heels for Rob Falls. It's going to happen. He is utter perfection from the very instant he enters the scene. He is definitely not like any jock I've ever known, yet he's still a completely believable character. A star athlete and super geek, this guy has it bad for Eva. But he's got his work cut out for him because jocks have a certain repuation and it's not working in his favor.

Kata definitely knows how to hook her readers and keep them interested. The way this story unfolds was pure genius. It flowed beautifully from cute and sweet to angsty to funny to swoonworthy and you definitely never see the curveballs coming. I was in complete and utter shock. I laughed and my heart melted and OH MY GOD did I cry! This book ends on the mother of all cliffhangers and I just stared at the page like maybe if I looked long and hard enough, more would materialize. That didn't happen, but lucky for me Second Down is already released. I  cannot wait to see how Eva and Rob's story ends.









Comments

  1. Ooooooh I loved this story and the 2nd one. I love Kata. Looovvvveeee her and this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this book so much!! Thank you for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for everyone who stopped by to support Kata! Make sure you check back tomorrow because we might have another review and giveaway ;)
    -Abri

    ReplyDelete
  4. First and Goal stole my heart and this series is now my new favorite and I'm just obsessed with it.... Can't get enough Rob (#swoonyAF) & Evie (#DreamGirl)!!! Thanks for the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is my favorite book to read. The author has delivered amazingly with the series and I hope she continues doing that!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking blog! I love Blogger :) Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper