Re-Release; Heroes And Villians




Title: Heroes and Villains – California Dreaming 1
Author: Stacey Johnston
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Re Release Date: October 31st, 2016











Amazon US: http://bit.ly/2etOdtF
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2dTsQjy
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2eaXhjU
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2dY4MuL
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2etOhcD
Barnes and Noble:http://bit.ly/2d8Fw7K








Two lives entwined in secrets…

Secrets that threaten to tear them apart before they even begin…

Sophie Valentine was a girl living a privileged life, in the tranquility of Solana Beach until she was forced to move to Brooklyn under questionable conditions.

In a quiet Brooklyn neighborhood, Benjamin Sinclair was a troubled boy, leading a secret life.

When he met Sophie on the steps of his apartment building the day she moved in, he never envisioned how chaotic and turbulent his life would become.

A battle between the forces of good and evil awaits… one that could leave a devastating effect or be the start of new beginnings.

How will it end?












I wasn't sure what to expect when I first dived into Heroes and Villains. I'm not one to look at reviews before hand, I tend to disagree with the majority and laugh at people who are dead wrong. I know it's bad to judge others and their reading preference, but some get focused on one little thing and it drives their whole review. 

Many of the reviews, I noticed said that this book started off slow. I don't think so. To me slow is where it takes for-fucking-ever for the characters to get their shit together. That wasn't the case here. Our heroine, Sophie, was giving us the set-up, taking us through the motions. Otherwise we would have been completely lost. I was invested from the start because the book read more like a journal entry to me at first. Something I loved right away because it was so different. 

We get into the story of Ben and Sophie rather quickly and I was in love with their dynamic right from the beginning. There was just something about them that you knew was special. Normally I'm apprehensive about the whole fate, love at first sight thing, (I have issues) but with Sophie and Ben, I wasn't. I felt like they were meant to be together. I knew what they had was different. 

Don't go into Heroes and Villains thinking it's going to be your average teenage love story. Nope. It has so many twists and turns my heart was jumping all over the place. I did not expect so many different things to happen at one. Stacey Johnston gets enormous props for pulling that one off.   

I cannot wait to read more of what Stacey brings us. Her style of writing is fun and unique and I find it refreshing. As so many authors tend to have similar writing styles, especially in the romance genre, it's nice to see a different take. 

While Heroes and Villains can be read in a relatively short span of time it took me almost a whole day to get through it. I found myself pausing once in a while to smile like a lunatic, to savor a moment, to laugh out loud with the antics of the characters, and to reread parts that touched me the most. It's rare to find a book that does that for me these days. 

I'd recommend this to anyone looking for an escape from reality, for anyone wanting to feel the rush of adrenaline at not knowing what's coming next, and for anyone wanting to read a sweet book about two people who simply want to love each other.      

*Quote- "Love is all about trust. Without it, there is no reason to carry on." -Sophie

"Without me realizing, this girl has become a part of my soul." -Ben

-Abri  




What to tell you about myself??

When I sat down to set about the challenge of what I could say, I found that I didn’t really consider myself to be very interesting at all.

I’ve lived in Western Australia my whole life, only ever leaving the country once. Right now though I reside in a southern suburb close to the beach.

Above everything else I’m a wife and a mother. I’ve been married to a man I believe to be my soul mate for the past nine years. When he came into my life I already had two gorgeous kids, a boy and girl, who he took on as his own without any consideration as to how it would affect his life. During our time together, he has also blessed me with two more gorgeous little girls. My real life also has me working fulltime as an Office Manager for an Audio Visual Company.  

I grew up in a home with three aunties, two uncles, my younger brother, my father, and my grandparents!! Wow that was more of mouthful than I expected! As you can imagine life in a large family like that was never boring J

As a child I loved creating stories in my head, it was my escape, a place I could go and hide from the world. As I became older, my stories evolved and every time life challenged me, I slipped back into my imaginary world and hid. This didn’t change as I entered adulthood.

I have always been the kind of person who never made things easy for herself, and I spent many years drifting from family member to family member looking for direction. It wasn’t until I was twenty-one when I met a man who would become, what I thought - my future.  Over the next twelve years he was my life, well him, and the two children he blessed me with.

We lost that loving husband, and father to a heart attack when our children were very young, and life as you can imagine became a little rough for a while.

Over the years my stories have given me the sanity to get through many tragic situations.

They’ve given me a world to escape into, one where I can be anything I want.
These stories I’ve created over the years, have always been a coping mechanism that worked for me, and I’ve always wanted to share them.

With the support of my family I have ventured out there, and finally put them down on paper. I hope you love them as much as I do.



Instagram: @staceyjohnstonauthor




Join my closed readers group – California Dreaming – Behind the ………  on Facebook.

This is a group I created where I can interact with my members, discussing my stories, and the characters within. I also like to give my members the opportunity to get their hands on advanced copies of my books, in exchange for their honest reviews.

There may or may not be a little raunchy fun as well ….





Thank you – Dido
Satellite – Nickleback
Something in your mouth – Nickleback
Smile – Uncle Kracker
Say SaySay – Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney
S.E.X – Nickleback
Trying Not to Love You – Nickleback
Amazing – Alex Lloyd
Trouble – Pink









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper