Foster An Author; Kata Cuic: Character Interviews


Today is our last day talking about Kata Cuic, but that doesn't mean we're done with her. Today we had the opportunity to interview not one, not two, but eight cast members of her Moving The Chains Series. 

First I'd like to say from the bottom of my heart thank you to all the Book Talkers who have supported not only Lei and I but Kata as well this week. I know hearing about the same author over and over again is hard, but we hope we gave you enough fun stuff to look at and enjoy with us. 

Lei did an amazing job with her reviews and setting a lot of this up. I couldn't have done any of this without her. 

Kata is such a lovely person. We are so grateful that she put up with our brand of crazy for a whole week. 

Now without further ado let's get to the interview! 

-Abri





We're sitting down with the crew from First and Goal and Second Down to get answers to all your burning questions that weren't covered in the books! Here with us today are Evie, her friends Jess and Alyssa; Rob, his friends Mike, Alex, and Jeremy; and Mike's girlfriend Chelsie. 

Question #1: What advice would you give to HS teenagers today?

Rob: I'd say just be yourself. If people don't like you for who you are, then that's their problem, not yours.

Evie: Agreed. Pretending to be someone you're not is exhausting. There are much better things to spend energy on.

Alex: Like sex. I'd say have as much sex as possible.

Mike: I would say not to listen to anything Alex says.

Chelsie: I second that. That's terrible advice, you idiot!

Jess: Third. My advice would be to have fun. We're young. There will be plenty of time for work when we're our parents' ages.

Alyssa: Always be prepared for anything. If you want to be treated like an adult, then you have to act like one.

Jeremy: Yeah. Kind of in line with that, make a plan, but always have a back-up in case things don't work out the way you want.

Question #2: What are you especially proud of about your life?

Alex: All the amazing sex I have.

Mike: Will you shut up, already? 

Jeremy: I'm proud of getting a full scholarship to Oberlin College to study music.

Alyssa: I'm proud of him for that. For me, I'd have to say getting a scholarship to Oberlin for fine arts.

Jess: I'm proud of all the new shoes Evie's had to buy me this year.

Evie: Yeah, yeah. Um, I dunno. I guess I'm proud to have such awesome friends?

Rob: I'm proud to have such an amazing girlfriend.

Question #3: How do you feel about your life right now?

Jess: Excited. I can't wait to go to college and see what's in store for the future!

Alyssa: I agree. It's an exciting time. I'll miss IHS, but it's time to move on and fly the nest.

Jeremy: I'd have to say content. All our plans are falling into place, so that's a good feeling.

Alex: I'm gonna go with excited too. Fall at State is going to be awesome. Lots of new fish in the pond, if you know what I'm sayin'.

Mike: Everyone freaking knows what you're saying. For me, I'd say a little sad. I'm really going to miss my mom and sisters. State's only two hours away from home, but it won't be the same not getting to talk to them every day. 

Chelsie: I'm nervous. College is a big change. Everyone says it's really hard.

Evie: I'm honestly a bit nervous too. Excited, but nervous.

Rob: Yeah, I think it's a mix of emotions. We've had some good times at IHS. I'm sure we'll have more at State, but there's no doubt everything's about to change.

Question #4: What's your biggest pet peeve?

Alex: PMS. It should be banned. Girls get all bitchy, but if you call them out, they blame it on their hormones, but if WE blame it on their hormones, they slap us. No one wins. Everyone loses. No more PMS! Alex for President!

Rob: You are such a dumbass, sometimes. You know that, right? My biggest pet peeve is stupidity. Seriously, man? You can't outlaw biology!

Mike: I'd vote for you, bro. My biggest pet peeve is irresponsibility. I hate it when someone makes a bad choice, then expects help or for someone else to save them. 

Jeremy: My biggest pet peeve is people who have huge egos, but nothing to back that up with. Take trumpet players for instance. HUGE egos. They act like they make the band. Please. Everyone knows the drums keep the beat.

Chelsie: My biggest pet peeve is people who chew too loud. Like, for real. Close your mouth. You're not a cow chewing cud.

Jess: My biggest pet peeve is having to break in new shoes. Who has time for blisters while the leather softens?

Alyssa: Hmm. I can't think of anything, honestly. I try not to judge people. I guess I don't like it when I have an image in my head that I just can't get out, no matter which media I use.

Evie: I'd have to say fake people are my biggest pet peeve. If you don't like me, that's fine. We don't have to be friends. I'd rather you spit in my face than smile at me while preparing to stab me in the back.

Question #5: This question is for Evie. Does Rob have any annoying quirks?

Evie: Oh, yeah. He eats like an animal. The guy always acts like he's starving.

Question #6: This one's for Rob. What's your favorite thing about Evie?

Rob: Her smartass mouth. She never holds back or pulls her punches. If she wants to say something, she says it. Most of the time.

Question #7: What are your football jersey numbers, for the guys who play?

Rob: I'm 11.

Alex: 18.

Mike: My jersey number is 36. I doubt we'll have the same numbers at State, though.

Question #8: Here's another one for the guys. Describe your perfect date.

Alex: The usual dinner, movie, then take her back to my place for sex all night long. That never happens since the rents usually barge home with my brothers at some point, but it's my ideal scenario.

Rob: Of course it is. Uh...I always wanted to take Evie to the symphony since she loves music so much. Then a nice dinner after.We haven't had enough time to do anything like that, though. I gotta step up my game over the summer before training camp.

Mike: Yeah, free time is usually the biggest problem. Between work, practices, and school, Chelsie and I are lucky to catch a movie every once in a while. I'd like to take her to a weekend country music festival. That'd be awesome.

Question #9: This one is for the girls. If you had an entire day to spend with your guys, what would you want to do?

Alyssa: Paint each other. No, literally. I always wanted to just get naked and cover each other with colors. Maybe roll around on some large canvasses and see what happens. I think that make beautiful art.

Jess: Wow. I don't know. I think spending the whole day with just one person would be boring. So, maybe break it up a bit? Go shopping at the mall during the afternoon, then hit up a party later that night?

Chelsie: Netflix binge under a blanket fort.

Evie: Ooh, that's a good one! Don't laugh, but mine would be to read. Rob and I are always on the go, and I'd really like a day to just relax and be lazy. We like to read a lot of the same stuff, so I think it would be cool if we could get into the same book and read it together.

Question #10: Where do you see yourselves after college? Say, in five years?

Alex: Making bank in the National Football Association. I want to be drafted in no higher than the fifth round.

Mike: Hopefully, with a degree. Maybe starting a family.

Jeremy: I'd like to have a sweet gig with an orchestra or symphony. Ideally in a big city like New York.

Rob: It's anyone guess, really. No one knows what the future holds.

Chelsie: I'd like to start my own business after college. An interior design studio or something like that. And yeah, I'd also like to start my family while I'm still young enough to have the energy to do it.

Jess: I don't know. I haven't decided what I want to do with my life yet. Hopefully, I'll have graduated college and figured some things out in five years.

Alyssa: I definitely want to be living in a big city too. It's my dream to have my art in a large gallery. We'll see.

Evie: I don't know. That's a tough question. Graduating college is a must. Other than that, I have no idea.

Well, that's all the time we have for today! We wish you all the best of luck as you head off to college!

Bonus questions: Eva, let's talk "Greek!" It's not very often I meet another Greek girl. Favorite Greek island? Favorite Greek food? Favorite Greek tradition? And the most important question, has Rob tried lamb yet?

Evie: Oh! Mou arései na miláei elliniká. Syníthos kaneís den me katalavaínei! 

Alex: I'm sorry. What was that?

Rob: She said she loves talking in Greek. Most people can't understand.


Evie: Close! I said I love speaking Greek. Usually, people don't understand me.

Mike: Color me impressed. Is YiaYia making you learn that, bro?

Rob: Papou.

Evie: He's picking it up pretty quickly! My favorite Greek island is Crete, obviously, since that's where my family is from, but I'd like to visit more of them. It's on my bucket list. Uh, let's see. Picking just one favorite food is hard. I like them all. I guess I'd have to go with kettedes.
They're meatballs in red sauce.

Chelsie: What's Greek about that? My family is Italian, and we eat meatballs all the time.

Mike: Kettedes are made with lamb, babe. That's what makes them Greek.

Evie: I guess my favorite Greek tradition would be when I got to be amyrofore for Holy Friday when I was younger. It's when young girls dress all in white and scatter red rose petals throughout the Church to
accompany taking Christ down from the Cross during Holy Week services. That was a very fond memory for me. I don't think any of the other Orthodox Churches do that. Just the Greeks.

Alex: Is that like how Catholic girls get all dressed up like mini brides for First Holy Communion?

Evie: No, it's not the same thing at all. Themyrofores represent the myrrh-bearing women. It has nothing to do with Communion. I'll let
Rob field the question about the lamb.

Rob: Yeah, I've had lamb. Evie was right. It doesn't take like anything else.

Alyssa: So? Did you like it?

Rob: I loved it. 

Mike: He would have loved anything that night. Papou got him drunk on Ouzo while we stood around the spit for hours.

Jess: Was YiaYia pissed?

Mike and Rob: Yep.

Evie: For an all-American jock, Rob fits in pretty well with my crazy family. I think YiaYia wants to keep him. Efcharistó gia tis erotíseis!

Jeremy: What did she say?

Rob: Thanks for asking?

Evie: Almost. Thanks for the questions.

Rob: Damn. So close.

Evie: It's okay, Superjock. You can't be perfect at everything.

Rob: Challenge accepted.

Alex: Oh, shit. Here we go...






Again, thank you to Kata for her support, her love, and for being amazing.

Thank you Book Talkers for your endless support. We hope this is something we can participate in again. 

There are three paperback giveaways on the blog's Facebook page, please head on over there to check it out. 

-Abri

#FostAnAuthor2 #FAA2

Comments

  1. This is hilarious and having read the books, I so can see them all sitting in a circle and giving those answers. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper