Book Talk Review; At Graves End



 The Third Book in The Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost


 Some things won't stay buried . . . at grave's end

 It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield's life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she's successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat's worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover's finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.

 As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones's past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat's about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she's learned as a special agent won't help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.

 Cat and Bones are back, and this time they're dealing with more than the usual undead shit. 

 After everything that went down in the last book (No spoilers) Cat and Bones are back and their relationship is strong, even if they want to kill each other every other day, but that's what happens when you're in a relationship right? 

 But well there's an issue. A few issues, but right now there's one big pressing one. Cat's disguises aren't working like before. She's getting recognized more and more on the job now, putting her at risk. Which of course drives Bones crazy. 

 And to top things off someone from Bones's past refuses to stay in the past any longer. Can you say jealous ex? Possibly. Psychotic bitch? Hell yes.

 It's no longer fangs that Cat has to deal with to protect herself and to protect Bones, even if he has issues with her getting in the crossfire. Now some dark and illegal vampire magic is in the mix. 

 Jeaniene, is amazing. I love her writing, I love the story she's able to weave. This has to be the best vampire series I've read, and I've read a few. 

 Cat is total badass. She is such a bitch, and she's not afraid to do what it takes to save those she loves. 

 Bones is sexy, if he didn't have eyes for Cat, and if Cat didn't know her way around a sharp silver blade, I'd take him ;)

 We see old friends, and a few new ones. And of course we see enemies, lots and lots of enemies, it seems wherever they go they piss off at least a handful of people dead and alive. 

  I think what I like best about this series is that even though Cat and Bones have their issues, even though they want to kill each other at times, they still love each other. The passion we saw grow between them in the first book, the one we saw them rekindle in the second book is still there. They're still working on it. They're not perfect, and it shows, they fight, they piss each other off, but it's only because they love each other so much. It's only because they know how devastating it will be to lose each other. That is love. You see it throughout the entire series. You see Cat love Bones and Bones love Cat. 

 Cat will do something stupid, and piss Bones off, and Bones will act overprotective and piss her off, but they don't forget their love. That's huge, and it's not something you really see in romance series. There are always complications, their wouldn't be a book if everything went smoothly, but you trust that they have a strong enough relationship to get through whatever happens. 

 I can't wait to share the next book in the series with y'all! if you haven't read this series yet, what are you waiting for? Go out and get it now, then you can understand where I'm coming from. 

 *Quote- "Who would have ever guessed that my falling in love with a vampire was turning out to be the easiest part of our relationship?" -Cat

              "I've never been jealous before I met you. It burns, luv. Like silver through my veins. Some nights, watching you with other men on your jobs, I think it will drive me mad." -Bones

              "Since I was sixteen and my mother told me about my father, I'd wrestles with that same question. The sound of my heartbeat seemed to mock me. Each breath I took was a taunt. Yeah, I had many similarities to a human, and yes, I wanted the peace of that free fall to the other side where Bones waited for me. God, how I wanted it! But I wasn't human. I hadn't been since the day I was born, and I couldn't let myself pretend to be human now... I am a vampire" -Cat

             Never Forget a kindness (Rules to live by)

             "We are not helpless. Many times in our lives we've been powerless, but not this night. Right now we have the power to choose the manner in which we die. If you have been a master of nothing else in all your days, you are now a master of this moment. And I for one am going to give such an answer to this insult that others will dearly regret not being by my side to see it!" -Bones  

             "I love you, Kitten. There's nothing on this earth or under it that can change that." -Bones

For

 Jeaniene's Author Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2015/01/book-talk-jeanine-frost.html

 Halfway To The Grave's Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2015/01/book-talk-review-halfway-to-grave.html


 One Foot In The Grave's Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2015/04/book-talk-review-one-foot-in-grave.html

IMPORTANT NOTE TO READERS: 

There is a specific reading order for the Night Huntress series, including all other Night Huntress World series books, and some novellas. If you do not read them in the Author's suggested reading order (below), other than 'Reckoning', the books will not make sense, or you will read spoilers. The author's recommended reading order is:
RECKONING (eBook prequel novella set in Bones’s point of view before he meets Cat*) though I would recommend reading this after Book 1 so that you know the characters...
 
HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE (Book 1: Night Huntress Series)
 
ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE (Book 2: Night Huntress Series)
 
HAPPILY NEVER AFTER (eBook novella*)
 
AT GRAVE’S END (Book 3: Night Huntress Series)
 
DEVIL TO PAY (eBook novella*)
DESTINED FOR AN EARLY GRAVE (Book 4: Night Huntress Series)
 
MAGIC GRAVES (eBook anthology featuring a Cat and Bones story*)
FIRST DROP OF CRIMSON (Night Huntress World novel)
 
ETERNAL KISS OF DARKNESS (Night Huntress World novel)
THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE (Book 5: Night Huntress Series)
ONE GRAVE AT A TIME (Book 6: Night Huntress Series)
THE BITE BEFORE CHRISTMAS (contains a long Cat and Bones novella, “Home for the Holidays”)
ONCE BURNED (Book 1: Night Prince Series)
 
TWICE TEMPTED (Book 2: Night Prince Series)
UP FROM THE GRAVE (Book 7: Night Huntress Series)
BOUND BY FLAMES (Book 3: Night Prince Series)

-Abri
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Viper

Release; Homegrown Hero