Book Talk Review; Chasing Memories

 This is a unique book, with very interesting circumstances.


 What if you found him, the one who was put on this earth for you? 
 He was your perfect partner, your soul mate.
 Your life with him was more than you could have ever hoped for. 
The two of you created an amazing family full of so much love.

I did.
 And it was everything.

Then, one day, I woke up, and he was gone.
 They were all gone.

I can’t accept it. 
I’m stuck in a reality that isn’t mine, aching for the life I lost, one that made up the very fabric of my soul. 

How do I find my future when my past won’t stop pulling me under? 
I’m drowning, struggling to breathe in this existence where nothing makes sense. 
It might be crazy, and I might be as well.

But if you’d experienced the joy of a once-in-a-lifetime love, you’d be chasing memories, too.

Goodreads Link 

 This book intrigued me right from the start. It had an interesting concept that caught me up.

 Mia just learned that everything she knew about her life wasn't real, she just discovered that her perfect guy, her soul mate, was gone. 

 What happens when the life you thought you had turns out to be nothing more than fading memories?

 Mia has to face truths that she doesn't want to. The lines between reality and fantasy are blurred, and it's hard to tell what is actually real. 

 To be honest I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought. I thought it'd turn out to be one of those books I loved and couldn't stop gushing about, but not everyone is a winner. 

 I did, however, really, really like it. It was a good book. It had an interesting concept that I enjoyed. 

 Taking this journey with Mia was interesting. Because as the reader you didn't know what was fake and what was real. 

 When the lovely little twist happened I was giddy. I smiled and felt joy for the characters. I understood the real meaning then. I understood the whole "soul mate" true love thing then. And I loved the romance that it had.

 I loved the mystery surrounding it, the idea that something could seem so real but be so far from reality. I love the coincidence, the premonition. 

I would definitely go back and read more from this author. 

(I got an ARC of this book)

*Quote- "Sometimes, it’s difficult to abandon the dreams we want for ourselves, but when we do, we open the door for our fate to arrive."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper