Book Talk Review; Worth The Wait


Kate Hawthorne is mean to my heart


Finally ready to dip his toe into a lifestyle he’s only been a bystander to, Callum Jardine convinces himself long-distance is the safest bet, and he activates an online dating profile. Almost immediately, he receives a message from DaddyJM, a handsome, older man who lives across the country and offers Callum far more than he ever expected.

Jack Martin has no intention of getting involved with anyone seriously, let alone with someone who lives so far away. It’s been so long since he had someone worth taking care of though, and Callum triggers all of his Daddy inclinations. Jack is smitten from the start, eager and willing to give Callum everything he wants and more…except proximity.

After an unplanned hospitalization, Jack is forced to confront his fears about commitment and finds himself three-thousand miles from home with a shocked and stunned Callum finally in his arms. With Callum’s overwhelming eagerness and Jack’s fears unwilling to abate, navigating togetherness proves to be more work than they bargained for.

Finally figuring each other out, Callum and Jack settle into a comfortable routine juggling home, work, and each other until an unexpected encounter shatters their world. Faced with making another new start, they need to find the strength to rediscover what was lost and rebuild what’s been broken. Time may heal all wounds, and the road to recovery is a hard one, but as long as they’re together, Callum and Jack will learn that love is worth the wait. 


Before I get into this I have to say I do not do Daddies. I'll read about them, but the term makes me gag. I do not like the term. However, saying Daddy Jack does not make me gag. Callum calling Jack Daddy is sweet to me. This is big for me because my friends make fun of me for reading Daddy books when I hate Daddies.

Now, onto how I feel about Worth The Wait. 

Kate Hawthorne is mean to my heart. Worth The Wait is a rollercoaster of emotion. I fell in love right from the beginning. Callum is so sweet and Jack is exactly what he needs. Neither one of them want an in-person relationship so they figure that online is easy. And it is until feelings get in the way. 

The Evil Word Magician amps up her evilness in this book. Even though I knew what was going to come because of book one, It was different reading the first-hand account. Callum's feelings brought tears to my eyes. I was upset and angry right along with him because Jack was being a little ridiculous. I understood where he was coming from, but he wasn't being far and I was mad he made me cry so early on. 

Jack is caring, kind, and the perfect Daddy for Callum. He introduces him to what a sweet and loving Daddy/boy relationship. I love how patient he is with Callum, how gentle, even when things turn rough. He gives Callum what he want and what he needs--even when Callum doesn't know what that is. He also has a dirty mouth that is hot. I highlighted almost every other word that came out of his mouth.

Callum is sweet and one of my favorite characters. He's been hurt before, but he learns to listen to his Daddy. Even if there are times where his insecurities make things difficult. 

When they meet in real life things are perfect. Though Jack is afraid of moving too fast they make it work. 

It's impossible to think that Kate Hawthorne could top herself, but she does. Even though the last book made me huffy, it was really good. Worth The Wait is, not better, but it's something more than Worth The Risk. Though maybe it's because one of the characters didn't drive me insane the way Landon did. 

I was not happy with the Word Magician at one point. She is so mean to her characters. I was happy, they were happy, we all felt good. And then she went and broke them and I cried. My heart was broken in so many ways, and it's still not better. It won't be better until book three, and that's only after I cry all the tears again. She lived up to her name of Evil Word Magician when she wrote this book. 

Daddy Jack and his Kitten are close to being my favorite Kate Hawthorne characters. Their love story starts long distance and it meant for just some fun and for Callum to learn what he likes and wants in that type of relationship. Even though figuring out how to work together in person wasn't easy they made it seem so. They loved each other, they knew that they knew that the other loved them. Despite the insecurities, the doubts, and what the Word Magician put them through, they were strong for and with each other. It was as close to a perfect love story as you can get. 

*Quote

"Jack knew in this moment, every person he'd ever thought he loved before had been nothing compared to this. They'd been amateur displays of affection serving as little more than trial runs for the greatest gift he'd ever have." 

"I love you more than life, kitten, and I'll always take care of you. But don't ever forget that Daddy's rules are law." 

"Jack hadn't ever really been a believer in love at first sight, but that was all before. The reality of his life now was that he didn't want to exist without Callum, no matter the cost."

"I never expected it to go this way because nothing's ever gone this way. I wasn't expecting you because I never knew I was missing you. But here you are, kittem, and I would never go back." 

-Abri 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper