Book Talk Review; Freeing Asia

The books keep coming and I keep reviewing.


How does a tomboy raised in a house full of men find the sensual woman inside of her? Growing up with a widowed, retired Marine as a father and two older brothers taught Asia to be tough. But how does she stop being one of the guys and learn to find the right one? 

Finding herself won't be easy, finding love will be even harder. 

Meeting Jay opens Asia's eyes to the possibility of love and unbelievable sex but can his country club world accept the woman more comfortable in torn jeans and flip flops? Or will she find the love she yearns for in the tattooed arms of her first love, a pro skater who has come back into her life? 

With the possibility of new love or closure from a painful first love, finding her path is riddled with uncertainty and discoveries but before she can follow her heart she must first set it free.

**Not recommended for younger readers due to sexual content, recreational use of marijuana and language.**

*

This is the first book by EM Abel that I've read. And I'll continue to read her books, even if this wasn't the right book for me. 

I found Asia to be a plain MC and didn't really care for her. The writing was good, I just couldn't connect with Asia. 

Now normally, if I don't care for the MC that usually means I don't care for the book as a whole. But that is not the case. While this wasn't really my type of book I did enjoy reading it. 

Romance, the battle between head and heart, the whole premise of finding yourself, it's usually right up my alley. Just not this time. 

Asia is stuck in her life and can figure out how to connect with the opposite sex. Growing up in an all make household doesn't exactly help. The only experience with a relationship she has is her brother's friend. 

Enter Jay. He's charismatic, good-looking, a business man, and they seem to have this connection that can't be denied. 

Their relationship is hot, they just seem to fit together. 

But do they really?

Enter the ghost form the past. 

Once Asia reconnects with Marcus, old feelings come up. But what about her feelings for Jay? Will she have to choose?

Essentially this is a book about letting go and learning to love yourself, and opening up your heart before you can make a decision like love. 

Asia's struggle was real, and I sympathized with her. 

I loved both men, and thought they played important parts in Asia finding herself, but really this was her story, not theirs. 

In the end, Asia chose the right one for her, and I can't disagree with her. 

Do I wish I was able to connect with her more? Yes. Other than that there's nothing I can say about this book, except that I think it sends a good message about love and finding yourself before you find love. 

I can't wait to see what other books EM Abel has for me to read.

-Abri


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper