Book Talk Review; Wild Aces

Two Book Talks in one day. Unheard of. Here is the Fourth book I have to review this month. 


Trapper Montgomery

His darkness drew me in.

A mystery with a past I wanted to solve.

He was cold, like ice, but set me on fire.

A heat I hadn't felt in ages.

But when I saw his face, I burned...

In mourning

Again.

Brea Bradley

She melted from my voice--shuddered from my touch.

But trembled from the memories

That my face brought back.

She wanted more...

Maybe even him.

I wasn't the hand she counted on.

But I was what she was dealt...

A Wild Ace with no way to win.


Wild Aces started playing with my emotions right from the get-go. The beginning hurt my heart so much and I knew I was in for a wild ride with this one. 

This book is my forte. This is the type of book that I live and breathe. Books that get my heart racing, my head spinning, and have my emotions go on a tailspin. It's what I live for, it's what makes my job as a blogger so rewarding. 

Trapper is one of the ultimate book boyfriends. He has that great combination of sipcy and sexy, mixed in with a little dash of sweetness, just enough to let you know he cares

Brea, is a girl that I can get behind in a book. I can't say that she's my favorite heroine, but she is a well liked one. 

This book is the type of book that has enough romance, enough heartbreak, and enough angst to make me want more and more. 

I can't tell you how many times I had to stop and let the words soak in. How many times I had to hold back my emotions and just read the book, because if I didn't I wouldn't have been able to go on. 

While this is my first Marni Mann book, I know that it won't be my last. She has a gift of weaving the words to tell the story of two people. Two people who you probably wouldn't be able to see in real life together, they somehow work. They balance each other out. And in the end when it's all said and done, after all the troubles, after all the pain, it is beautiful and it is worth it. 

Since I'm not the type to say anything that will spoil the book, I will say that if you love romance, if you love books that mess with your heart, if you love seeing to people realize who they are and what they deserve, then you will love this book. 

I didn't highlight any one quote during this book. I know, strange for me, and I'm sorry, because there were so many good ones.I just felt too much, and loved too much, and hurt too much. And really I want you to experience this book the way I did. You know any quotes I might pick would only emphasize what I outlined before, so I didn't feel the need to repeat myself.  

I encourage you to read this book, if you've never read Marni before you're in for a treat. 

I know I'm definitely going to be coming back to her books.   

Purchase Links

Amazon 

B&N: Coming soon

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/wild-aces/id1081946759?mt=11

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/613471

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper