Book Talk Review; The Witch's Blood


Michele Notaro is an evil author


I’ve been living with this burden for years, but my secret has finally been revealed and I feel like I can breathe again. I’ve wanted to ask—to beg—for help, but the spell that’s held me captive wouldn’t allow it. With it out in the open, I’m more determined than ever to break the seal from my chest so I can truly be free. 

But what if my seal has something to do with one of the most feared prophecies of the millennium? 

“A broken seal breaks the fragile hold…” 

What does that mean? How am I connected? And why do I find myself so deeply drawn to Julius when I know my viramore, my soulmate, is out there somewhere? It’s not fair to either of us for me to lead Jules on, but it seems that my vampire companion is fierce in his determination to help me. 

The Witch’s Blood is the third book in The Ellwood Chronicles and is a continuation of the overall story as we follow Emrys, Julius, Sebastian, and Ailin on their journey. It contains explicit material and is intended for mature adults 18 years of age and older.

*

I love this series so much and was dying for this book. I knew that it would have answers that we've been looking for since book one and I was excited to get them. I also figured that about twenty more questions would pop up. Because Michele Notaro is an evil, evil author and nothing can be that easy. 

I'll admit I was not a fan of Emrys at the beginning. He was an asshole. He has his reasons. We read about what those were in The Witch's Seal, but I still didn't think he had a leg to stand on. I was prepared to have to learn to fall in love with him in this book. It turns out it wasn't that hard. I still want to shake the ever-living life out of him, but I no longer want to punch him in the face to progress. I'm so glad we got to see a different side if Emrys than what we saw in the other books. He's so sweet and this book really endeared me to him.

I fell in love with Julius in The Enchanter's Soul. I liked him when we met him in The Witch's Seal and thought that something interesting was going on between him and Emrys, but he really shined for me in book two. He was so patient, so loving, there for Emrys even when they both thought that one day they'd have to let each other go. He didn't put up with any of the shit Emrys threw at him. 

I really loved how their relationship developed. How we got to see them grow from being just fuck buddies who had some feels, to them admitting their feelings individually, and then finally letting it all out. It was a different, refreshing pace from A and Seb's slow burn. Even though they were both idiots who needed to be shaken for holding in their feelings.

There are a few Sebastian and Ailin chapters thrown in this one, which I was really glad we got to see. There are so many depths and layers to this story that I was really grateful to see their side of things. And to see that they were okay and healing after what happened to them in book two.

My poor heart hurt after reading this book and I know it's going to hurt more before the end of the series. There are so many emotions in this series, good and bad. 

This book is structured a bit differently than the others. In the other books, I could feel the tension, I could feel the anticipation. In this one, it was more subtle. There's a scene that brings it all together and while it made my heart pound it also excited me. I knew something had to give and there was a little push that said "yes something is coming" made the slow build-up to it worth it. Because unlike the other books there wasn't really the big obvious "things are happening behind the scenes, it's only a matter of when" so having it explicitly pointed out was perfect.

I cried so hard in this book. Like I had to set my kindle down and just sob. It doesn't happen often, usually, I just have some tears and move on. Not with this one. You feel this book. I am still feeling this book. 

I'm both excited and scared of what could happen in the next book. Tissues and maybe alcohol will be a must when I read. 

*Quote- 

"Being with Julius was something I'd never expected, but now that I'd had it, it was something I would fight to protect. I never wanted him to leave me. I wanted him by my side through everything." 

"My soul longed for his, it longed to dance and swirl with his soul, to connect and merge." 

"You are fucking perfect in every damn way for me. I don't care about anything else. I don't care about predictions or prophecies or what anyone else thinks, all I care about is you. I want to be bound to you for the rest of my life, Jules. I want you. I want to go where you go, I want to be there for you the way you're always there for me, I want to prove to you every day that I love you, I want to choose you every damn day for the rest of our lives. You're perfect, and I would be honored to be bound to you." 

"I see you, Emrys. I always have." 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper