Book Talk Review; Brighter Shades Of Light


These two are so special 


I never meant to fall for my college professor. He has a reputation for being cold... so why do I see that soft look in his eyes when he’s talking to me? Why does my heart feel like it’s beating out of my chest? I want his lips on mine. I want to see what’s beneath that icy exterior. And in class, I imagine him shoving me onto his desk and taking me right there.

Nothing can happen between us. Even if he wasn’t off-limits, I won’t be staying here after graduation. In exchange for paying for my college, I have a 5 year commitment to the Marine Corps, starting the day I get my degree.
Whatever I feel for Dr. Sebastian Vale...it just can’t happen.
Or can it?

*Brighter Shades of Light is a 97k word standalone MM romance. You’ll find a slowburn romance between a Thermodynamics professor and his student, stargazing, steamy times on a desk, a boy who becomes a Marine, and a man who realizes that life is much more than his books and research. HEA guaranteed!*

*

Brighter Shades Of Light is more than just a student/teacher book. It's about two men who find love where and when they least expect it. It's about finding the one person who can understand you when you might not even understand yourself. 

Cody is precious. He's my new favorite character. He's smart, determined, stubborn, and such a cinnamon roll. He was determined to do the right thing, to follow his dreams and also his heart. 

Sebastian is described as cold by others. But he's not. He has trouble connecting with people, which makes life a little lonely until he meets Cody. 

Right away these two have a connection. Though they can't act on it since they're student and teacher. But, the heart wants what the heart wants. Sebastian does everything he can to fight it, but it's inevitable that they end up together. While the pair might not seem like they have anything in common, from the age gap to the difference of interests, they share a connection nonetheless. Both of them are lonely. It may not seem like it, especially with Cody's group of friends, but they are. They're both missing a critical part of themselves. Each other. Whether they know it or not. 

This book is so special. You could feel the love and support they have. They just got each other. Sebastian supported and understood Cody's commitment to the Marine Corps, and Cody understood Sebastian's brilliance and didn't think his quirks were odd or that he was cold. Cody did what no one else was able to do, they saw past the cold front that Sebastian put up and understood how warm and loving his heart really was. 

I don't know how to describe how I felt while reading this book. Jaclyn Osborn has the ability to make her readers feel what her characters are feeling. They're not just characters on the page when you're reading, but real people that you are watching fall in love. You love and laugh with them, cry with them, cheer them on. It wasn't just me reading a book, but I was connecting with them. Not many authors can make you feel the characters to that kind of level, but Jaclyn Osborn can and it's one reason why I love reading her books so much. 

Brighter Shades Of Light is a book that doesn't have many dramatic scenes, but it does have scenes that are meaningful. It's a book that has the characters loving and supporting each other and that is so sweet to see. These two are perfect together. Even when they shouldn't be together, they make it work because there's a deeper sense of need there. The need to be loved, to be seen. It's powerful and I'm glad I was able to take the journey with them. 

*Quote-

"I was on fire. If I wasn't careful, I'd catch Cody on fire, too. But his intense gaze told me he was already burning." 

"Because you're my spark." 

"We're both a little broken. But we fit together perfectly." 

"I placed my hand in his, choosing him today. Choosing him always." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper