Book Talk Review; The Cost Of Desire


Daddy Jordan is HOT


Jordan Chambers wasn’t looking for a relationship, but a late night at the office finds him too close for comfort to a much younger intern. Danny is fresh and fun, and he’s also the son of Jordan’s business partner. What starts as a one night roleplay grows into a months long secret which shows no signs of slowing down. Danny leaves for college and that’s supposed to be the end of things, only Jordan can’t find anyone who makes him feel as in charge and alive as Danny. 

Danny Connery didn’t mean to fall for his dad’s business partner. He’s gone away for college and there’s a country keeping them apart, but Danny can’t get Jordan and the games they played out of his mind. After a late night phone call, Danny finds the feeling is mutual, and all bets are off. Danny and Jordan tumble into a serious relationship that could have very real consequences for them both. 

Struggling with the distance between them and maintaining the lies they’ve told, Jordan and Danny reach an impasse when they’re outed in spectacular fashion. Jordan needs to search his soul and admit he’s in love, and Danny needs to decide if he's ready to be the kind of man Jordan needs or they face losing everything they've ever desired.



I need to preface this review with saying this: if you’ve been around for a bit then you know that while I love reading Daddy kink books I hate the term ‘Daddy’. I love the relationships these types of books portray. I love the way the characters take care of one another, I love how they grow together, how they meet each other’s needs. It’s always about the relationship and I love that. However, the term has always made me cringe. If you asked anyone who knows me well, they’d laugh at the fact that I read these type of books but also hate the term. Though I think that’s normal. You can love reading something without ever really liking or understanding certain aspects. That being said, Evil Word Magician that Kate Hawthrone is, I didn’t feel any of my normal aversion while I was reading The Cost Of Desire. Daddy Jordan is just *sigh* he’s not like the other Daddies. So, congrats, Kate, you managed to do what I thought was impossible. I love calling a Daddy ‘Daddy’.
*
The Cost Of Desire originally released during the Valentine’s Day free giveaway. It was a few short chapters as hot as fuck sex and I’ve been dying for Danny and Daddy Jordan’s story since. The book begins where the freebie did, so you get to see how Danny and Jordan get their start, then it jumps to eight months later and their relationship takes turns they never expected.

Danny is young. He’s nineteen and off to college. He’s been dreaming of the day he gets to start his own life, that was until his illicit affair with his father’s business partner turned into something so much more. Danny didn’t mean to fall in love, but I can’t blame him, I would have too. Suddenly moving away from home didn’t seem like such a good idea. My heart ached when his did. It was hard watching this young boy try to navigate life, so far away from the one he needed the most.

Daddy Jordan is well, he’s Daddy Jordan. He’s a bit rougher than the other Daddies Kate has written but in a good way. He’s successful and sophisticated and not afraid of what he’s building with Danny. I love his brand of dirty talk. I love the way he knows what he wants, even when he knows he shouldn’t want it. There are no excuses, no second guessing. Once he’s in with Danny he’s in and *sigh* I want one of him.  

The long-distance relationship between Danny and Jordan works perfectly for them. They might not agree. They hated it, but it helped their relationship. They grew when they were apart. The distance didn’t make them love each other anymore, but it did make them appreciate each other. It hurt my heart when I saw them both hurting because they couldn’t have what they wanted, but it meant seeing them together was that much sweeter. It was a real-life dilemma that most aren’t strong enough to endure. I love that we were shown it could be done, if one believes in their partner and their relationship enough. Danny and Jordan didn’t have everything figured out, far from it, but they had each other, and they didn’t let the other forget that.

What I love best about this book are the parents. Danny and Jordan have a significant age difference between them. Jordan works with Danny’s dad. There are so many things against them. That’s why they keep their relationship a secret, but when his parents do find out, it’s not what it could have been. Yes, Danny’s parents aren’t happy. But they love their son. While I won’t give anything away, I can say it could have been much worse. I love reading age gap books, what I don’t like is when others react badly to the relationship because of age. Age is just a number. Two consenting adults should be able to fuck and date whomever they want. I’m so glad Kate didn’t do a long drag out thing where Danny’s parents were big issues. Was it easy? No, no one expected it to be. But it was handled perfectly.

This book was so worth the wait. I didn’t like waiting, but I loved the end result. Danny and his Daddy are so good together. They just click. What started as an illicit affair grew into more, and they showed each other, and everyone around them, that their love was worth the cost.

*Quote-  

As much as Danny loved all the dirty things Jordan said, he enjoyed this, too. The calm after the storm, this gentle affection and praise that Jordan always gave him. It was a nice reminder that the things they did together, while illicit, weren’t bad.”

“Loving Danny was easy, and being loved by Danny was much the same. The difference in their ages wasn’t ideal, but there was nothing to be done about it now. Danny loved him for his stern demeanor, for his dominance, for his affection, and he loved Danny for the choice he’d made. The choice to offer himself in the most perfectly and complete way possible.”

“Thinking of Danny as his partner pulled at strings inside his chest he hadn’t felt in years. He’d told Danny their relationship wasn’t a democracy, and in some ways that was true, but everything Jordan wanted needed Danny’s consent. He was a partner in all the ways that mattered, a cock hungry little boy in all the others.”

“He was desperate for Jordan to be all the things he’d wanted to be for Danny, and more. In this moment, he saw it all. The past, their future, the man Jordan was, and the man he wanted to be. Danny could be so much more with Jordan by his side, and Danny was floored with the realization that Jordan could be more with him, as well.”  

-Abri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper