Book Talk Review; Never Enough


Daddy Vince is so sweet


Tommy Parker has everything under control. He's made it through almost four years of University without revealing the secrets of his tumultuous home life. He has his eye on the prize but he can't turn down a party invitation from his friend Shawn. Even though it's not his scene Tommy finds he doesn't mind being the subject of Vince Barnett's attention.

Vince Barnett is ready to move on. After being left abruptly by his long-term partner he vows to never settle again. But he never expected to meet somebody like Tommy who seems receptive to and in desperate need of the attention Vince wishes to give. But Vince fears the past may repeat itself.

When Tommy's secrets invade his daily life the two men find themselves pushed closer together. Tommy must admit he can't do everything on his own. Vince will have to overcome his trepidation and be the daddy Tommy desperately desires or risk losing him forever.

*

E.M. Denning is great at giving me the books I didn't know I wanted. She did it with More Than Anything and she's doing it now with Never Enough. Much like More Than Anything, where I wasn't sure about reading Joe's book, I wasn't a hundred percent on board with Daddy Vince and Tommy's. Obviously, I don't know what's good for me. Because this book is so good and I am so glad I read it. 

Daddy Vince is such a sweet Daddy. All he wants is to help and care for Tommy. While he's not my favorite Daddy ever written, he's one of the best. He's caring and sweet and even though there was a point in which I wanted to strangle him, he's good for Tommy. 

Tommy is lovely. I fell in love with him right away. He's not sure about the dynamic between him and Vince. He's cautious, he's used to taking care of himself. He's also very tired. Tired of making every decision, tired of taking care of himself, just tired of being alone. Which is why Vince being there for him, sweet and caring, but not pushing for more than Tommy can give is so appealing. Until of course Vince makes choices that make Tommy and the reader want to strangle him. 

I think what I loved most about this book is what Vince and Tommy teach each other. Vince is the Daddy, but he's not the all knowing, all powerful one. Being with Tommy teaches him that he doesn't have it all together, but by working with Tommy he figures out what he wants and needs. Tommy learns that he doesn't have to make all the decisions on his own. With Vince, he's able to trust someone and let them make the tough choices he doesn't want to. They figure out how to balance their relationship as incidents occur and it makes them stronger in the end. 

I read this book in one sitting, there was no way I was putting these two down unless I absolutely had to. It was an easy read, little drama, hot sex, and lovely feels. Perfect if you just want a relaxing reading day. In true Emo style, these characters catch unexpected but not unwanted feels. 

I am so glad this was the next book in the Upstate Education series because now that I read it, I don't want to think about them not having their story told. As a reader, I have my own ideas about who should have their story told, as an author, I know that you can only write what the characters want you to. I trust E.M. Denning and her characters and know that we'll only ever get books that are meant to be written. I'm excited to see what comes next in this series. I have my own hopes, but I'm sure it'll be something I didn't know I wanted or needed and I'm looking forward to it. 

*Quote

"For the first time in years, Tommy felt as though his happiness was genuine and not forced. It might have been the first happiness that wasn't fleeting like a bird, in an out of his life, but more like an ocean, always present, ebbing and flowing in the background. And the better days weren't when it was calm, it was when the waves crashed into the shore and let Tommy know they were there, always." 

"Daddy only knows best when him and his boy are open and honest with each other." 

"I decided that I deserve to have something I wanted. And I want this." 

"Tommy wasn't the lost one. Vince was."   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper