Book Talk Review; Loving Mr. Daniels

 Beautiful and so full of  emotion


 
 To Whom it May Concern,

 It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates.

 When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss.

 When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons.

 Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.

 It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter.

 It was ours.

 And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels.

 -Ashlyn Jennings
 This book is one of the ones, right after The Summer Remains, that ruined me. Completely fucking ruined me. 

 There is so much emotion, right from the start. 

 Loving Mr. Daniels is about love, family, friendship, heartbreak, emotion, and living. 

 When Ashlyn moves in with her estranged father, she doesn't really expect much. She stumbles into a bar one night, and finds herself enchanted by the musician she meets there. 

 Daniel Daniels just wants to play his music. What he finds in the dark corner is something that changed his whole world. 

 Neither is prepared for the truths that the following week brings, as they are forced to see each other in a new light. 

 They can't help falling in love, even when they have every reason to stay away. 

 The emotion in this book was so intense, I felt every heartbreak, every joy, every shred of doubt and hopelessness that these characters have felt.

 I wasn't prepared to feel the emotions in this book.  I've read forbidden romance before, and while I like them, they aren't my first choice. But this book is so much more.

  It's hard to find a book that speaks to you, one that just completely fucks with your mind. This year I've found two. Two amazing books, that are so different, but they have such touching stories to tell.

 The characters in this book are fucked up, they each have shit to get through, it makes it more rea. As you find that thing that helps you. As you love through your pain.

 Books don't stick with me, I can memorize everything I read, so it's hard to find something that really touches me. But I have not stopped thinking about Loving Mr. Daniels. There's just something about it that calls out.

 Brittainy C. Cherry can twist her words around and make them unforgettable, I can't wait to get my hands on more of her work.

 *Quote- "Death isn't frightening, it isn't a curse, I just fucking wish that it would've taken me first" -Romeo's Quest

               "I wasn't sure of it, but I was almost certain that loneliness was a disease. An infectious, disgusting illness that was slow to creep into your system and overtake you, even though you tried to fight it off the best you could" -Ashlyn

              "There were two types of mourning. There was the type when a person opened up his heart to the world, never taking anything for granted, and lived each day to the fullest. Then there was the type of mourning where a person closed off his heart to the world and lived in his own world, unable to connect to others." -Daniel

For Brittainy's Author Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2015/05/book-talk-brittainy-c-cherry.html

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Viper

Release; Homegrown Hero