Book Talk Review; The Truth

 It's time for a new Book Talk!

 The Truth is always the best option...


Melody is sick.
 But everyone has secrets, things they want to keep to themselves. 
 And when she decides to enter into The Trio’s household, a popular band with three male members, to fulfill her dream before her secret becomes apparent, she didn't think it would be so difficult. 
What she didn't expect was to end up caring for them, loving them. 
 And she ends up not caring whether her dream comes true, all she wants is to be around them. 
But it becomes even more difficult to keep her secrets, especially when she in no way wants them to find out….
 
Wesley, Lee, and Nathan all had different perspectives when Melody came into their home. 
One was excited, one was hesitant, and one truly disgruntled and annoyed. 
 No matter their feelings, they find themselves not able to resist her charms, and she becomes part of their little family without even trying.
 
In the process, Melody ends up gaining a best friend, a brother, and finds herself in love. 
But her secrets become revealed, and she feels she has no choice but to leave.
 And when all is said and done, no one knows if she will return or be seen again. 

Admittedly this book took me by surprise. 

I didn't get very attached to the characters while I was reading, that is until the secrets came out. 
This book slowly pulled me in. 

Melody goes to live with The Trio, a famous band made up of three guys: Wesley, Nathan, and Lee.

She goes there to cook, clean, and take care of them as they work on new albums and such. But she has a few secrets as well. The secret of her past, the secret of why she's there now, the secret of where she goes on Wednesdays. 

But the guys have secrets too. 

 No one expects what happens next...

I really enjoyed this story. The concept interested me and it was ready to get into.

The reason I give it 4 stars on Amazon is because while I loved the story and while I enjoyed reading the book I didn't get as invested in it as I could have gotten.

I didn't think that this book would inflict the emotions inside me like it did. But when it came too revealing Melody's secret I couldn't help it.

All the guys held pieces off my heart while I was reading. Wesley was someone that struck me at first. He was someone I wanted tho get tho know better. Nathan and Lee were two special friends and I was glad that Melody had them.

This book was an easy read and I really enjoyed it. Serena did a good job portraying these characters and telling Melody's story.

This book made me laugh, it made me cry, and most importantly it made me realize just hose sorry life really is.

Melody falls in love, she finds a friend, and a brother she never had. 

The guys,while skeptical of her and her motives come to love her like family. 

But secrets don't stay hidden forever, especially not ones as big as Melody's. 

This book took me by surprise and while I didn't feel emotionally invested in these characters at first, when the secrets do come out, I found myself doing what I always do. I cried. 

I am an emotional reader, as y'all already know. I get invested in the book, but that's not true with all books. There have been many books that I walked away from with out shedding one single tear. It is my belief that if an author can make you feel something then they are amazing.

while I didn't seem to grasp the same level of emotion, that I did with many other books of the same type/genre, I did manage to fall deeply enough to feel something when everything came to light.

Overall I think this is a great debut and I can't wait to see what Serena has in store for us next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Viper

Release; Homegrown Hero