Book Talk Review; Found At Sea


This book is amazing


Captain Kellan Flynn is cursed. All men fear him, and even more so, they fear what the myths make him out to be. The demon of the sea who sails with no mercy and who won’t hesitate to slit a man’s throat if challenged. But there is more to him, and the curse upon him will someday consume him whole. Unless he finds the key to breaking it.

Fletcher has always dreamed of adventure, of sailing the high seas. But he’s never even left his town of Helmfirth. He spends his days atop his favorite hill overlooking the sea and strumming his lute, wishing for another life. He spends his nights working in the tavern, listening to sailors weave tales of adventure he yearns to experience for himself. That is, until pirates make port and enter the tavern one night.

After being press-ganged to join the crew, Fletcher is both afraid and intrigued by what awaits him aboard the Crimson Night. And it is aboard this legendary ship that he finds something he never expected to find: a pirate captain who awakes desires he’s never felt.

Captain Flynn is captivated by the auburn haired beauty, but he doesn’t want his wickedness to taint someone as innocent and pure as Fletcher. Fletcher knows the captain is dangerous, and yet he can’t stay away.

Life on the sea puts every man to the test, and with time running out, sacrifices have to be made. Can two men who are so different ever find their happily ever after?

*This is an adult m/m romance based in a fantasy world. You'll find pirates, romance, mermaids, and adventure.*


*

Pirates, Book Talkers, Pirates. If that doesn’t get you to read this book then I don’t know what will.
Let me be honest here, Jaclyn Osborn is a new to me author, I’ve read only one of her books before. Her writing is solid and she knows how to tell a story. I was recommended this book by a friend and author whom I love. I knew that if she thought I would like it then I probably would, because history has shown she has amazing taste.
When I started reading Found At Sea I was enchanted by the world. It’s set in a mythical/fantasy realm where pirates and mermaids, and magic lived. Legends were told, but are they legends? Magic and adventure, suspending your belief and opening your mind to the fantasy world is one of my favorite things to do and why I love reading so much.
Fletcher is a young man who wants adventure. His life has been hard and listening to the stories told in the tavern he works at makes him long to see the world. He may not believe in the mystical tales that they sailors tell, but that doesn’t stop him from wanting to find something.
Kellan is a ruthless pirate. His reputation is well-deserved. Life at sea is the only life he’s known since the previous captain took him in. When he meets Fletcher on a small island he’s enchanted. Even if he doesn’t know why he’s drawn to the fiery, impulsive, and lost boy. He’s been searching for years for something that seems unattainable, something he’s not even sure exists.
When they meet it’s not under the best of circumstances. Fletcher has lost his home and Kellan, for some reason is drawn to him. He invites Fletcher into his crew and it begins this slow burn romance that I adored.
They’re drawn to each other even if they can’t explain it. Kellan has secrets and a past that will condemn him unless he can figure out the riddle behind his curse. Fletcher is seeing the world for the first time and while he isn’t pirate material, he finds himself at home on the sea.
Y’all this book is so good. Like so fucking good. I am in love with Kellan and Fletcher and Fletcher’s best friend Alek. Jaclyn Osborn told a love story that is fun and imaginative. It’s full of adventure and there are still so many questions about this world that she built. There was a point where I was pissed at her. (No spoilers) I cried and I cursed her name and I was prepared to beg for more because I didn’t want to believe what had just happened.
The slow burn romance aspect is made stronger with the events leading up to the end of the book. It’s fast paced at that point and everything that happens after the “fuck you Jaclyn” part was both expected and not. I knew some things that were going to take place and I was yelling at Kellan to stop being so dumb and get his head out of his ass to see what was right in front of him.
Kellan is a man with a dark past and it’s because of that past that the events of Found At Sea are able to take place. It’s also because of said past that he feels he is not right for Fletcher. Even when he’s able to admit in his mind his true feelings he refuses to do so aloud and it pissed me off. While it was understandable I still wanted to shake him.
I need book two like now. I am so glad there is more to this world because I would have begged and pleaded for another book if I didn’t already know it was coming.
These characters and this world stole my heart and I am not going to be able to let them go. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a little adventure, a little magic, a little mystery, and a lot of sweet romance with gruff pirates and their innocent songbirds.
*Quote-
“Sometimes being lost doesn’t have to be a physical place. It can be of the mind. Losing one’s way in life doesn’t mean you can’t turn around and follow a different path. If you so choose. One must remember that when lost...your heart will guide you home. Stay true to its deepest desires, and your heart will never lead you astray.”
“I’m sure it’s chilling to fall in love with the darkness. Even more terrifying when you realize you find comfort in it.”
“No, Fletcher, though I craved your body it was you I craved most. I wanted to protect you. To claim you as mine. And so I did. I just never expected for you to claim me as well.”

“Why did one look into his eyes make me feel the safest I’d ever been?”

-Abri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Viper

Release; Homegrown Hero