Book Talk Review; What He Needs

I feel smiley and gooey after reading this



A Disillusioned Dom

A Devastated Sub 

When Craig walks into the first kink club he’s been in for months, the last thing he expects to see is his former Dom, Tim, wearing a collar. If learning his ex is a switch isn’t shocking enough, Craig quickly finds himself on the wrong side of his ex's Dom. When the reunion turns ugly, another Dom swoops in and saves the day, and Craig is too shaken to argue when the sweet Dom steps in and takes care of him.

Alan noticed the boy the minute he walked into his club. It was hard not to. He was beautiful, sad, and fully clothed. Once the boy is in Alan’s arms he knows he doesn’t want to let him go, maybe ever. He worries that even though his hardcore Dom days are behind him, his experience will scare Craig and he’ll lose the chance to have something real with him.

Their relationship quickly heats up, but Craig can’t stop wondering if an inexperienced sub will be enough for a seasoned Dom in the long run. 

*
 I have to say before I get into anything, Daddy books make me simultaneously cringe and laugh. I hate to admit it but it's true. I read Daddy books, but the term makes me gag. And sometimes they make me laugh, a lot. I'm saying this because I'm honest and despite that I loved this book. 
*
This is my first EM Denning book, but it's one I've been looking forward to for weeks now. 
Craig and Alan are two people who find each other when they need each other the most, and it's not always easy for those connections to come across the page in exactly the right way. Their relationship, however, works perfectly. 
The BDSM elements didn't do anything but heighten the experience for me and for the characters. This book was sweet, really sweet, and I smiled from the beginning to end. For me that was a bit weird. Normally this BDSM books are a bit on the heavy side, What He Needs is the opposite. It's light and full of sweetness.  
Alan isn't your typical Dom. He's sweet, gentle, and I fell in love with him. Here's where the girl who cringes at Daddies wants her own Daddy Alan. Yep, I said it. EM Denning managed to make me envious of Craig because he got the sweet, caring, and oh so hot Daddy Alan. 
Craig doesn't think he's enough because he's so inexperienced in the lifestyle. I found his insecurity to be endearing and very telling to what a kind and gentle person he is. I wanted to hug him because he was enough.  
What He Needs was so different from other similar books that it almost didn't feel like a BDSM book. And I loved that. I am always looking for something different. The norm gets boring after a while. For a first time M/M BDSM book EM Denning sure knows what she's doing. I laughed a bit because some of the one-liners were awesome. I smiled because there was such a light, giddy feeling to the whole book. 
It took me roughly three and a half hours to read What He Needs. I'm sad it ended because now I don't know what to read next, I don't know if I can read something else. The way I've been feeling lately I need this happy, gooey feeling to stay around. 
I'm going to be impatiently waiting for the next book in this series. We meet some characters in What He Needs that I just so want to read books on. I'll be stalking EM Denning for updates on what's coming next. 
Book Talkers, do not pass this up. Even if BDSM books aren't your cup of tea you'll like this. It's not the hardcore BDSM that you can find everywhere. It's the sweeter kind. The kind that helps prove that caring, loving relationships can happen within the lifestyle. I know there is quite a bit of stigma, but there doesn't have to be. Alan and Craig help show that you can make your relationship into whatever you want it to be. 
Take a chance on this book, on this author, on these two men, you might just find that what you need is the good feelings this book will give you. 
*Quote-  
"He wanted this boy. Wanted him with every part of his body, every bit of his soul felt attracted to Craig."
"How did you tell someone that you’d only known for a single day, that they’d made your life infinitely better just by existing?"

“To you and the kid, may Cupid shoot your asses with a matching set of arrows."

-Abri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper