Book Talk Review; Echoes Of Silence


People make love seem complicated. Intricate. Novels try to capture its intensity; music tries to rein in its soul.
I’ve read every novel I could. I’ve lived and breathed every song that I could listen to. The sounds fill my unquiet mind.
Then he came.
Killian.
He brought with him the beauty of silence that echoes through my soul and showed me love isn’t complicated. It’s simple. Beautiful.
Some say love at first sight doesn’t exist, that you can’t find your soul mate at sixteen years old. Those are people rooted in reality, chained to the confines of life that dictates how you are meant to think. Killian broke those chains. He broke everything, shattered it so I can see that reality is overrated, that daydreams can somehow come to life.
My life tumbled into darkness in the time after I met him, so dark I’m not sure I’ll ever see the light again. But he is always at my side. His life means he knows how to navigate the dark and he can lead me out.
I wade through the darkness with him at my side.
We’ll be together forever; I’m certain of that.
Until I’m not.


Note: This is book one of two. Killian and Lexie's story does not end here and will be continued in a following book.
 
*
 
Echoes Of Silence started out slow and sweet, sometimes too sweet for my tastes. I've been reading more dark, more raw, and more mind-numbing. However, Echoes Of Silence is different than my usual go-to. It's going back to my sweet roots where love is always possible, and the darkness that lives in all of us is brought to light.
 
Echoes Of Silence, is beautiful, it's raw, it has two people who needed each other. And like all great love stories they didn't know they needed each other until they found one another. 
 
Lexie and Killian come from two different worlds, but they connect through literature, music, and their own lost souls. 
 
For me this book moved a bit slow in the beginning, I understood the need to establish the relationship, the connection between the two characters. 
 
I liked Killian right away, I knew there was more to the boy with the inky black hair and the intense blue eyes than first impressions. 
 
I don't know if I will continue on with the next book. While it didn't end in the way you want a love story to end. While I enjoyed this book and would like to see a conclusion to the story of Killian and Lexie, I don't know if I could handle what happens next. I have a feeling the second book is going to be more raw, more intense, and darker in ways the first one wasn't. 

I need some time to recover over the sheer brilliance of this book, while I'm normally on itching for the next book, there are some that I need to hold off on. In order to absorb the entirely of the story. 

Lexie and Killian are two people who need each other. Their book is one that should be enjoyed with an open mind. As their love isn't as straightforward as it seems. 

Anne Malcom did an excellent job of bringing this story to a close, even if it didn't end on a note that would bring about an HEA.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper