Cover Reveal & Author Interview
Book Talkers, Abri here with some exciting news! We get an exclusive Interview with Author Claire Marta plus we also get to reveal the cover for her second book!
You can Pre-Order Dark Desires here
You can purchase FrostBite here
For those of you who don't know this is Claire Marta:
(Isn't she adorable?)
Claire Marta has a passion for writing and finally took the plunge getting published with her first book FrostBite, the first novel in The Hunter Chronicles.
She has always been a fan of everything paranormal especially romance books.
A native Brit, she lives in Italy with her husband and daughter. When she is not writing and drinking copious amounts of tea, she enjoys taking photos of her adoptive country, trying to stay fit with running, reading amazing books and being a stay at home mother.
Now that you know a bit about my favorite paranormal romance author, let's get to the good stuff, shall we?
My Interview with Claire Marta:
1) What inspired you to start writing The Hunter Chronicles?
I have always loved the paranormal from books to movies. I grew up on
these things and they have always sparked my imagination. I’m also a
mystery junkie and love things like Sherlock Holmes, James Bond etc. So I
wanted to combine
these things in a world where anything is possible. I like fasted paced
with lots of twists in the plot so that is what I decided to write.
2) What is the one thing you have to have while writing?
Tea! I always to have a cup of tea at hand. I also
tend to drink it quickly so I’m always making one. Earl Grey is the
brand I drink but I don’t mind other teas. I cannot go through a day
without having my tea or I tend to get quite
grumpy. Am I addicted to tea? Yes lol.
3) What is it about the paranormal genre is it that
fascinates you?
I think its the fact that anything is possible if
you have the imagination for it. Also that we have so many myths and
legends through human history about supernatural creatures even before
written word. It fascinated me. Makes me wonder
how they came about. Is there some grain of truth in them? It can stirs
something primitive and sometimes dark in the human psyche.
4) Name a book that you wished you had written.
Dracula! The book that kind of started it all back
in the Victorian age. So many paranormal books flourished from Bram
Stokers work. I don’t think we would have a paranormal romance genre
without him or Mary Shelley who wrote Frankenstein.
5) Explain your style of writing. It's so different, meaning
a lot more formal than most books. Is there a reason for this, or is it just
how the story appears to you?
I am a Brit so for me it kind of came natural to
write that way. Also when I am in my characters heads like Eric for
example it just seemed right. He is an ancient vampire so even in the
modern world he would always come across a little
different. So his old and formal way of speaking is how he’s not
completely adapted to the age we live in.
6) Do you have the rest of the series plotted out?
Yes I have the entire series pretty much roughly plotted out. It just
kept playing in my head until the end which I had to write down in note
form. It was like a movie which I could not press stop on as it just
wanted to play to the
end with all the plot twist and turns. I may add things here and there
if needed. Things tend to grow and change to once you start writing
which can always make the plots better. I also mention things in each
book which leads on to the next for the over all
plotline which runs through the entire series.
7) Tell us something random about yourself.
I lived in London for nine years before I moved to Rome. I know where the best noodle place is in Greenwich.
8) Which of your characters is the most like you?
Twitch my techno mage. He’s a nerd and a little neurotic but has a heart
of gold. He likes to wind others up and is half in love with Jasmine.
He is also going to have his own book at some point as that is how much I
love him. That’s
going to a lot of fun to write!
9) How does it feel knowing you're going to be releasing
your second book within a matter of weeks?
A mix of excitement and anxiety. The story is very
different from FrostBite my first book. The feel is different which I am
trying to do in each one. I mentioned vampires being known to the world
in FrostBite and in Dark Desires I wanted
to show what a vampire nest was like. I also wanted to shed a little
more light on Eric and his past which will continue to happen through
the series. It was also a chance to introduce some new characters which
are coming into play. Hopefully my readers will
enjoy it just as much.
10) What is one question you wished I had asked in this
interview?
Maybe the countries the series will travel to? At
the moment it will be Paris, Prague, London, Budapest, Monte Carlo,
London, somewhere eastern European but I don’t know where yet, Vienna,
Dublin and Rome.
Bonus: Can you please just say that Eric is mine? Please?
That way we can get it out of the way before the madness continues.
Abri has claimed Eric as hers from day one!
Eric really has not got a say in it
so if any of my readers want him for their selves you are going to have
to fight it out with a very feisty Abri! LOL
Thank you for interviewing me and I hope everyone enjoys Dark Desires!
Thank you so much for doing this! Making up questions is
always fun.
I had the pleasure of reading Dark Desires before ARCs were even ready, so I feel special. LOL. And y'all heard it here, Eric is Mine!
Now on to the Cover Reveal!
While the Cover for FrostBite was nice and sexy, this one both fits the theme and shies away from it. It's a different feel because Dark Desires is a very different book. Instead of talking about it, I'm just going to show y'all.
Jasmine Hunter finds herself knee deep in a decadent vampire nest in Prague. A killer lurks the medieval city and is preying on blood donors who frequent the home of the local Vampire Mistress.
With her teammates from Scotland Yard in tow Jasmine, must attempt to discover the murderer's identity.
But will things go to plan? Sex dungeons, submissive human pets, and sexy dominant males are a lot for a rookie to cope with.
Especially when Eric is the last person she expects to see…
Requested to assist with the hunt for a vicious serial killer by an old friend, Eric is left speechless to find Jasmine offering herself up as food. The attraction between them is burning as red hot as before, and his lust for the feisty female is just as deep.
More disturbing, his emotions which he normally has leashed, once more slip in her presence. Yet this time they feel different. Darker, primal, and savage yet Eric cannot explain why. The insidious pull of the other predators around him is also more than a sweet temptation he finds himself unable to resist.
Combining forces, Jasmine and Eric must play the parts of Master and submissive.
But nothing is as it seems.
Can they work out who the killer is in a household full of deception and secrets before it is too late? Or will a price be paid in blood….
*** 18 & over only. Contains sexual scenes, light BDSM, sex and some violence. ***
I hope you loved your Exclusive Access to Dark Desires Cover and our Interview with Claire Marta! I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks once the book is out!
-Abri
-Abri


Comments
Post a Comment