Book Talk Review; Clash

 Hey there, so like the dud that I am I forgot to do a Book Talk on Clash by Nicole Williams yesterday! So guess what that means you get Three Book Talk Reviews today!

 This in turn means that I will not be doing a Author Talk today. I just have too much going on these days and have 50 million other things on my mind and I am lucky if I can actually make a sentence that makes since to anyone besides me and Book Talks take a while to write.




 The second book in the New York Times bestselling Crash trilogy!
 Their Romeo-and-Juliet-level passion is the only thing Jude and Lucy agree on. That, and fighting all the time . . .
 Also not helping? Lucy's raging jealousy of the cheerleader who's wormed her way into Jude's life.
 While trying to hang on to her quintessential bad boy and also training to be the top ballet dancer in her class, Lucy knows something's going to give . . . soon.
 How can she live without the boy she loves? How can she live with herself if she gives up on her dreams? If  Lucy doesn't make the right choice, she could lose everything.
  

 From The Back Cover


 On again, off again. Together. Apart. The only thing Jude and Lucy agree on is their all-consuming love. That, and fighting all the time . . .
 Especially when it comes to reining in Jude's trigger-touch temper and overcoming the tragedy that connects  Jude's and Lucy's pasts. Also not helping? Lucy's raging jealousy of the cheerleader who's attached herself to Jude in almost every way possible. With the stress of trying to hang on to her quintessential bad boy while training to be the top dancer in her class, Lucy knows something's going to give . . . soon.
 How can she live without the boy she loves? How can she live with herself if she gives up on her dreams?     If  Lucy doesn't make the right choice, she could lose everything.

This book is a eye opener for Jude and Lucy, I think at least. I don't know if they expected it to be an easy thing once they got to college and got together or what but it is not.

 Life is not easy and that is what Jude and Lucy are living life.

 They both have to battle their past demons and as we found out in Crash their pasts are connected...

 That sucks big time I think.

  But honestly if I were to rate this book I would give it a 4 probably. Because I felt like it didn't have that umph the first one did. Or maybe my brain is tired and I don't remember... Idk

 (Like I said in my intro I have a lot going on and it is stressful, This is my way to vent and let some of that tension out. So I know it might not be very professional but I try and It is called Real Talk for a reason, and My thought train goes up and down if you haven't figured that out already. So just bear with me please.)

 And as I just realized I didn't give you a quote from Crash like I wanted to so let me do that when I do a Quote from Clash...

Jude has a temper we all know that... so does Lucy... We all know that too. Well both of them use those tempers in this book. It is actually very stressful at points when they start fighting and it makes you feel bad for them

 That makes it all more real to me. The characters feel real and you don't always get to see that in books.

  Lucy has a real spur of jealousy and bitchiness in this one... This Cheerleader who wants Jude for herself is all wrapped up in him and wants Lucy gone... as you can guess that didn't go over well.

 Lucy and Jude deserve a happily ever after and there story isn't over yet Crush is the last book in the trilogy and will be up Tomorrow so be here for it!

 *Quote- "Caring for someone is scary because you both know how it feels to lose someone in the span of a heartbeat. But you can't let fear dictate your life or else you'll end up like me. Don't live life hiding behind your past, live for right now. When you find someone you want to spend forever with, you don't let them go, whether forever turns out to be a day or a year or a hundred years. Don't let the fear of losing them keep you from loving them."

 "It always amazes me how when we're sure we've lost something for good, it winds up finding us." - Wyatt Larson (Crash, Lucy's dad says both of these quotes when speaking to his daughter)

 "Love is what brings you together, Lucy. But it's the blood, sweat, and tears of hard work that keeps you together, love isn't only love, sweetheart. It's hard work, and trust, and tears, with even a few glimpses of devastation. But at the end of each day, if you can still look at the person at your side and can't imagine anyone else you'd rather have there, the pain and heartache and the ups and downs of love are worth it.
 Love is just as much suffering as it is sweetness. If it was perfect, that's what they'd call it. They wouldn't call it bittersweet." - Lucy's mother

Check out Nicole's Book Talk and the Book Talk on Crash

Author Talk Nicole Williams: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-talk-nicole-williams.html

Book Talk Crash: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-talk-review-crash.html
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper