Release; A Man In Uniform



Title: A Man In Uniform

Series: American Heroes (standalone)

Author: Leah Holt

Genre: Contemporary/Military Romance

Release Date: July 16, 2020


I fell in love once...

We were young, fresh out of high school. But I believed in us, I believed in our love.

He left to serve our country. Promising to always stay with me no matter where he was.

He broke his promise. He got on that bus and I never heard from him again.
So, I did what anyone would, I moved on. I left him in the past, right beside the broken heart gave me.

Five years came between us, five years for me to forget all about him.
Until the night he swoops in and saves me. The boy I remember has turned into a hard bodied soldier. His muscles are thick, his arms strong, protective, holding me like he never wants to let me go.

And his smile, his smile still makes my heart flutter.
I don't know what to do. He hurt me once already.
Do I forgive him and give him a second chance?
Or do I let go of this man in uniform?

What the hell is going on right now? I'm so confused. The last thing I can vividly remember is dancing at the club. Now, I'm face to face with a ghost from my past. I never thought I'd see him again, no matter how many times I wished for this, no matter how many shooting stars I watched cross the sky, and said his name as they disappeared, I never thought I'd wake up and he'd just be here. Slowly, I walk to the table and take a seat. Wyatt helps to push me in, handing me a fork, and going back to the counter. “You still like extra cream and sugar?” he asks. “Yeah,” I say, my stomach tumbling softly. “I can't believe you remember that.” “Of course I remember. I remember a lot more than just what you like in your coffee.” He winks, giving me a sexy little smirk. My heart lurches in my chest with that smile. It's that smirk right there that drew me to him in the first place when I was sixteen, that same smirk that made butterflies flutter in my stomach, and my skin flush, and my heart race inside my chest. It's the same smirk he would use after we had. . . Oh, oh no. No. No. No. My eyes jump to his, wide and on the verge of panic. “Wyatt, did we. . .” I pause, unable to even finish my sentence. He chuckles, and gives me a genuine smile. “No, we didn't have sex if that's what you're asking.”
Growing up in a small town, Leah Holt's imagination was able to run wild. She loves to write romance that is full of broken heroes you can't help but fall in love with. Having three children of her own, life is filled with far too many cartoons and not enough bad boys. Writing has become an outlet for her to let out all of the dirty, forbidden thoughts inside her head. When she's not typing to the point her fingers hurt, you can find her downing coffee and trying to keep track of reality. Which is never easy when she'd rather have her nose in a book or creating stories that will leave you breathless and wanting more.
HOSTED BY:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper