Book Talk Review; His Temptation


This book is riddled with sexual tension


CASON

What do you do when you think you might be falling for your best friend's dad?
Emery Cross is everything I never even knew I needed until the night I accidentally met up with him in a hotel room. Now he's all I think about. All I want. But after a kiss that sends my head spinning in the best way, he turns as cold as his glacier blue eyes. Refusing to let me close to him.

EMERY

I shouldn't want Cason. He's young, inexperienced, and too innocent. A temptation unlike any other. His smile sends my heart racing, and when I'm with him, I forget about the things weighing me down... but it could never work between us. It doesn't matter that he wants me too, that he's persistent. I can't. Some lines aren't meant to be crossed.

*His Temptation is Book 1 in a new contemporary gay romance series from Jaclyn Osborn! HEA guaranteed. *

*

This book is full of sexual tension. Cason and Emery have so much against them but they also have so much going for them. It's not an easy start as Emery tries to fight his attraction to the younger man, but Cason is too irresistible to resist and the chemistry between them doesn't allow them to deny one another for long. 

Jaclyn Osborn usually writes very emotional books that are full of love and heat. This book has love and heat but little angst and it was so good. I'm convinced that this author is some kind of writing goddess as that's the only way I can explain how she's able to write all kinds of types of books with as much passion and finesse as she does. 

Cason is so young, only eighteen, but he knows what he wants. After he comes into his sexuality he knows that he doesn't want just anyone. But the man who is patient and kind and treats him like he's supposed to be treated. Also, who is hot as fuck and amazing in bed. That man just happens to be his best friend's father. 

Emery is lonely, even if he chooses to ignore it. He's now able to live as he's always wanted, an out man, proud of who he is. But it came at the cost of his relationship with his son. So, of course, that comes into play when he starts to feel things for his son's best friend. 

When Cason and Emery first get together their relationship is explosive. They're great together but it was only meant to be a fling before Cason goes off to college, but that's how it always starts, doesn't it? When they start falling for each other it's so sweet because they need each other even though they feel guilty for keeping their secrets. 

There are a lot of laughs in this book. Cason deals with a lot of emotional and stressful situations by making a joke and it's adorable. Yes, it's sexy, but it's also sweet and funny and the relationship between them feels so real and organic.

As with every book in this trope there's a little drama with Ryan, Emery's son and Cason's best friend, but that blows over okay. Ryan redeems himself a bit, though I think he has a long way to go and I kind of want a book about him so I can see him come into his own. Because there were many times I wanted to punch him. Though since this book was low angst, he was able to turn himself around enough to have a relationship with both his best friend and his father. 

There are two other side characters of note in this book. One is Emery's friend and colleague, Jay or the blond bastard as he is both lovingly and not so lovingly referred to. He is so charismatic and he knows it and I cannot wait until he falls in love and gets knocked on his ass when he meets his match. And then there's Larry Lube. Yes, a bottle of lube makes a great side character and completely steals the show. So do all of his heirs. 

His Temptation is a well-written book by an author who can write anything. Cason and Emery are so good together. They have their bumps of course but their love story is so right for them. I cannot wait to see what happens in the other books in the series because there are some characters that just need their stories told. 


*Quote-

"For years, I had felt like an outsider, someone who wanted to fit in but didn't ever feel like I did. For the first time, I felt like I was on the right track. Like maybe this was who I was meant to be." 

"He gave me a sense of security I'd never found anywhere else." 

"It wasn't the destination I craved in that moment; it was the journey, all of these instances of staring into his gentle eyes as he moved inside me, all of his whispered words and the rasp of his voice when he said them. The intimacy. I felt cared for. Cherished. And god knows I cherished the hell out of him too."

"I hadn't felt safe too often in my life. I'd always been hurt by my mom's boyfriends, chased out of the house when I couldn't take it anymore. I'd had to grow up way too fast and be the parent after my dad left. With Emery, I could just be. No worries. Nothing but security and warmth."  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper