Book Talk Review; Dragonfly In Amber


 Book Two of my newest obsession
 
























 With her now-classic novel Outlander, Diana Gabaldon introduced two unforgettable characters—Claire Randall and Jamie Fraser—delighting readers with a story of adventure and love that spanned two centuries. Now Gabaldon returns to that extraordinary time and place in this vivid, powerful follow-up to Outlander...
 
 For twenty years Claire Randall has kept her secrets. But now she is returning with her grown daughter to Scotland’s majestic mist-shrouded hills. 

 Here Claire plans to reveal a truth as stunning as the events that gave it birth: about the mystery of an ancient circle of standing stones ... about a love that transcends the boundaries of time ... and about James Fraser, a Scottish warrior whose gallantry once drew a young Claire from the security of her century to the dangers of his....

 Now a legacy of blood and desire will test her beautiful copper-haired daughter, Brianna, as Claire’s spellbinding journey of self-discovery continues in the intrigue-ridden Paris court of Charles Stuart ... in a race to thwart a doomed Highlands uprising ... and in a desperate fight to save both the child and the man she loves.... 


 Holy Fuck. I loved this book so much. 

 Diana somehow made this book so much more than the last one was. I honestly don't know how she does it. She took everything from the first book and amplified it. 

 There is a lot of answers to questions in this book, there are more questions in this book. There are WTF moments, there are more sweet moments. 

 
  There is so much that goes on in this book. This book does not pick up where you expect it to, (No Spoilers) there are some twists and turns that I did not expect while reading this book, and my heart hurt so much and my head pounded so hard. 

 Jamie and Claire are exiled to Paris, where they single handily try to stop the Jacobite rebellion. 

 In the heart of the court of Charles Stuart, Jamie and Claire fight for themselves, for their family, and for all of Scotland. 

 We meet new characters and reminisce with some old friends. We face new dangers and explore new sides of Jamie and Claire's love. 

 Demons, new and old surface, causing great heartache for the pair. But as time has shown, there is nothing they can't do as long as they love each other. 

 Through it all this is the ultimate Love Story. What started as an accident of circumstance in Outlander, has turned into something strong and time-withstanding in Dragonfly In Amber.   

 I love Diana's writing, I love the world she created. I love Jamie, he's a character that I can find myself falling in love with time and time again. Every time I read an Outlander book, every time I read how fiercely and deeply he loves, I will find myself falling more and more in love with him. I can see why Clarie loves him so. 

 *Quote- "I hadn't taken Frank's gold band from my left hand when I married Jamie, but had worn Jamie's silver ring on the fourth finger of my right hand, for every day of the twenty-odd years since he put it there." -Claire (It's that's not love then I don't know what is) 

               "'Sassenach.' He had called me that from the first; the Gaelic word for an outlander, a stranger. An Englishman. First in jest, and then in affection." -Claire (Probably my favorite pet name)

              "Healing comes form the healed; not from the physician." -Claire

              "For you are mine. My wife, my heart, my soul." -Jamie

              "I'm honest enough to say that I dinna care what the right and wrong of it may be, so long as you are here wi' me, Claire. If it was a sin for you to choose me...then I would go to the Devil himself and bless him for tempting ye to it." -Jamie

             "I've spent more than twenty years looking for answers, Roger, and I can tell you only one thing: there aren't any answers, only choices. I've made a number of them myself, and no one can tell me whether they were right or wrong. Master Raymond perhaps, though I don't suppose he would; he was a man who believed in mysteries." -Claire

 For

 Outlander Book Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2015/09/book-talk-review-outlander.html

 Diana's Author Talk: http://realtalkbooktalk.blogspot.com/2015/08/book-talk-diana-gabaldon.html

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Book Talk Review: Humbled

Release; Homegrown Hero