Book Talk Review; Boy on the Horizon

 

Perfect 




Have you ever met the right one at the wrong time?

I did. Eight years ago.

This is the story of the first time he walked into my life.


It was the summer before my final year in college, and just like every other summer, I was in Stoney Brook, Maine, to work the annual Tallship Festival.

The son of an oil magnate and top of my class, I didn't need to work—especially not as a bartender and dock hand—but I did need the few months away from all of the expectation and pressure, an escape that Stoney Brook granted me every year.

That escape got complicated when William Waters sailed over the horizon and swaggered his way into town.

A travel blogger sailing the world on an inherited schooner, this tall, tanned, and handsome hunk was about to rock my boat and knock my carefully charted plans off course.

It would take another eight years before the stars would finally align for us, but sometimes one weekend is all fate needs to change everything you thought you knew...


That summer would prove to be a precursor to the rest of our lives.

**trigger warning: The characters are happy at the end, but you might not be. This isn't your momma's HFN.**

*

You might read that blurb and think "oh no, I can't read a book like that. It's gonna hurt " Let me tell you why you're wrong. Boy on the Horizon is the perfect novella. It has hot sex, a quirky casts of characters, and a love that most people only find once in a lifetime. 

David Michael told probably one of the best love stories I read in a long, long time. And he did it in only a handful of chapters. Not only that, but he did it with an ending that shows not everyone has the same idea of HFN/HEA and forever. 

Jacob and William fall in love over a weekend. Over a few hours. Under a starlight sky and on a boat. They fall in love, not effortlessly, because Jacob has to first learn to open up to the possibility that you can't control everything—especially the future. Their love isn't effortless. They have to allow themselves to have it, even though they know it might bite them in the ass later. But they do fall in love beautifully. 

Ignore the blurb. Ignore your fears and your doubt and take the same chance that Jacob and William took. Laugh, cry, and fall in love right alongside them, you won't regret it. 

*Quote- 

"The only thing I want in the whole world right now is for him to never stop doing what he’s doing. It feels…normal. It’s nice. Something inside of me settles and it feels like coming home."

"We’re a collection of each other’s perceptions and memories."

"Again, and again, we let ourselves be in love. I bathe in it, in him, in the undeniable connection we have between us."

"Love is not finite, it’s not something we run out of. I believe wholeheartedly that it should be given away at every opportunity and that every time you give that part of yourself to someone, it’s changed." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper