Book Talk Review; Claimed By Magic

This book is magical...


Broken hearted from Eric’s betrayal in Prague, Jasmine turns to her best friend to get her mind off everything she has lost.

Twitch takes her on a wild adventure in an attempt to cheer her up, but unbeknownst to either of them, danger lurks within the shadows of the techno mage’s magical homeland.

An ancient evil is rising.

No one is safe.
No one can be trusted.
Lines are drawn.
The battle to survive begins.

*** Warning this book contains some violence, sexual scenes, magic and adventure. For an audience over 18. You should read Dark Desires before this book in the series. ***  

*

I said it before and I'll say it again I am simply obsessed with Claire Marta's words. I don't know how, but she is powerful with the way she is able to turn a phrase. Her characters are intriguing, her settings are described so perfectly you feel like you are there, her bad guys are the perfect villains. The only complaint I have, she can't write a book every month. I am stuck with an addiction and Claire Marta is at fault. 

Claimed by Magic starts with Twitch taking Jasmine to his homeland. Up until this point we know nothing about the techno mage, except for the fact that he's addicted to sugar, can make any piece of technology do his bidding with his magic, and is a grade-A lovable pervert.  

Visiting Twitch's magical home is the insight that we all needed. It not only gives the reader and Jasmine an insider's view of who Twitch is, but it comes with revelations about the rest of the series that were seriously needed.  

Of course it's not all fun and games. 

And ancient evil is lurking, just waiting to rise up and take back what it thinks belongs to it. And of course Jasmine gets caught in the middle. 

Even though this is only the third book in the series, and the author has a lot of books slated to release, this is my favorite book. 

I admired Marta in her last two books for bringing together both action, adventure, and hotness, and this book is no different. Except it is so different. Whereas both FrostBite and Dark Desires took a bit longer for the action to begin, with much mystery surrounding the characters at first, the action in Claimed by Magic begins rather quickly. There's still a mystery of course, as Marta has to keep her readers guessing as they go through the book. But you also get to see Jasmine and Twitch work together with a whole new cast of characters.  

I think the reason I loved this book more than the others, not saying I didn't love the other two books, but well, it's hard not to play favorites. I loved seeing a whole new side to Twitch. Getting to see where he comes from was wonderful character development and I am all about character development. We also find something out about him that shocks and amuses me.  (No spoilers) 

My favorite part of Claimed by Magic came from an unexpected place. I can't say more than that, but I was messaging the author so excited that what I knew to be true finally happened. I'm not sure how other readers will feel about it, but I know how I feel. And it makes me very excited for the next few installments in The Hunter Chronicles. 

If you loved the first two books, then you will love this one. 

If you love magic, adventure, interesting takes on the paranormal genre, then The Hunter Chronicles is the one for you. 

I am now anxiously awaiting the fourth book in the series. 

-Abri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper