Foster An Author; Kata Cuic


This week Lei and I have a very special event planned out! We're part of the Foster An Author program, which gives bloggers and authors a whole week to connect and learn about each other, as well as reaching new readers all around.

We've been lucky enough to be paired up with Kata Čuić (Kah-tah Chew-itch). She is lovely and we couldn't have asked for a better author. Please make sure you visit both the blog and Facebook throughout the week, October 17th-21st, and see all the fun we have planned with Kata.

Today we start by telling you all about who she is as a person and as an author.

-Abri




Kata lives in the greater Pittsburgh, PA region with her husband and three children. When she isn’t writing or rewriting or editing or staring at the infuriating blinking cursor on her screen, she’s reading. This tends to be a point of contention with the aforementioned family since Kata can’t put a book down once she reads the first line. It’s all or nothing in a matter of hours. Binge reading tends to be detrimental to domestic goddess/supermom duties. Caffeine, wine, and natural insomnia are constant bolsters in the pursuit of getting everything done.

She has a degree in Linguistics and is, in fact, fluent in several American English dialects including Pittsburghese and sarcasm. She’s eternally grateful to be a part of the last generation to go through college without social media documenting the entire ordeal.

All she wanted was to write a story she couldn’t get out of her head. Unfortunately, things in life tend to snowball faster than her husband on the mountain at a ski resort. After penning her first book which turned into three separate manuscripts in a series, she realized she might have a problem. Life hasn’t been the same since.

She loves long walks on the beach, romantic candlelight dinners, and holding hands. Just kidding. Her true loves are football, steak and Buffalo wings, the occasional blizzard, bonfires with friends and family, and learning new things.
 
Social Media Links:
 
Amazon
 

1. When did you know that you wanted to live in your imagination and write?
 I've been making up stories in my head since I was a little girl. I never wrote them down; I drew pictures instead. I abandoned the fictional world in college, then when my kids were babies. I stumbled upon it again by total accident.

2. Who or what inspires you to do what you do?
 I'm not sure there's an answer to this. I do it because I legit can't make myself stop. I've tried. :P

3. Do your characters have reflections of yourself in them?
 Sure. All of them do. Each one gets a tiny piece of me.

4. Favorite genre to read?
 Romance, followed closely by classic lit, then fantasy, then sci-fi

5. Which book do you wish you had written? 
All the ones in my head I haven't written yet! LOL

6. Which book character(s) do you wish were real and you could hang out with?
 I'm an introvert; I don't actually hang out much. No, but seriously...any of the geeky characters. Think Brenna Aubrey's Mia Strong from At Any Price.

7. Tell us something random. 
I like cheese?

8. If you couldn't write, what would you do? 
I'm a mom when I'm not working, so I'd still do that.

9. What do you have to have when you're writing? 
Silence. I NEEEEED it.

10. What is one question about your books or yourself that you wish people would ask? 
I......have no idea how to answer this. I'm still stunned when people want to talk to me at all! 


Lo
Please make sure you stop by tomorrow as Lei will have a review for Kata's first book, First and Goal up. Also show Kata that Book Talkers know how to love, by liking her Facebook and following her on Twitter, Instagram, etc. 
-Abri 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper